Just wondering - does VETASSESS contact your current employer?

mistermoose

Just wondering if VETASSESS contacts your current employer to confirm employment (which would be EXTREMELY awkward for me, and I'm sure other applicants) or if they rely on the paperwork submitted (payslip, copy of contract etc)?

I'm almost two weeks into the wait and it feels like it's been years. Surely this is all the time they need? What takes 8-12 weeks (their latest estimate to me by email when I enquired) per application? Perhaps just to get to the application takes 6 weeks. But surely once the status is marked as 'in progress' this would mean that someone's actively working on the application? If so, then I can't see what takes 8 weeks of verification.

It would be helpful if the status changed more regularly e.g. '500th in the queue', '100th in the queue', '10th in the queue', 'Currently processing', 'Decision pending final approval', 'Decision made', 'Decision sent by email', 'Decision letter sent'.

• Like 1

Mistermoose, you and I are so the same, just HATE playing the waiting game...

We had the same questions all though hubbies assessment was through ACS. It would also make his situation very uncomfortable, but in the end they did not contact his employer. His assessment did however take the full 12 weeks to the day to complete. Thereafter the state sponsorship and EOI was done in record time. Now have a CO and have to play the waiting game again :boxing:

Hang in there, I am sure you will get an answer soon. Thinking of you and praying for you guys.

Edited by Bams
  • Like 1

I've just received my VETASSESS and it took ~14 weeks (We applied on the 12/09 and got the positive assessment on 18/12). The wait is agonising, but unavoidable I'm afraid so just keep in mind you're dealing with a governmental agency and take a few deep breaths everytime the anxiety kicks in. As far as I know they didn't contact my current employer, as I'm sure someone would have mentioned it to me. I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced their employer getting contacted by

Also waiting, but for referred medicals. Drives one insane, the uncertainty!

• Like 1

Good luck with all the waiting everyone. It's agonising! But once the waiting is out of the way, believe me it's go go GO! And insanely hectic!

• Like 1

Mistermoose, you and I are so the same, just HATE playing the waiting game...

We had the same questions all though hubbies assessment was through ACS. It would also make his situation very uncomfortable, but in the end they did not contact his employer. His assessment did however take the full 12 weeks to the day to complete. Thereafter the state sponsorship and EOI was done in record time. Now have a CO and have to play the waiting game again :boxing:

Hang in there, I am sure you will get an answer soon. Thinking of you and praying for you guys.

Thanks so much, right back at you! I cannot staaaaaannnddd waiting. But I guess it's a lesson in itself. At least the end result is going to be a good one :)

I've just received my VETASSESS and it took ~14 weeks (We applied on the 12/09 and got the positive assessment on 18/12). The wait is agonising, but unavoidable I'm afraid so just keep in mind you're dealing with a governmental agency and take a few deep breaths everytime the anxiety kicks in. As far as I know they didn't contact my current employer, as I'm sure someone would have mentioned it to me. I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced their employer getting contacted by

I really hope it takes a lot less than 14 weeks for mine to come back! Glad to hear that the employer issue is a non-issue.

also applied for VETASSESS and they did not contact my employer

Great news, thanks!

Also applied for VETASSESS, they did not contact any of my of references or employer

Brilliant! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@mistermoose.....still waiting i take it???

Our agent submitted our application last week (to Vetassess). I decided for now to keep the whole Ausie-thing out of my mind until we get a response. This proofs to be very difficult... :blush:

We are so excited about the prospect, that I can't imagine what we will do if the assessment is not positive :cry:

Just contacted and they wrote back with the same worded explanation "still in progrss".

I am in my 14th week on waiting . lodged on 7th November, 2013, docs received 29th November, 2013.

All the best 5o us all.