Waiting period for EOI invite (for 189 skilled visa)

acmac

Hi,

I've applying for a 189 skilled visa and submitted my EOI 14/11/2013 and having read other peoples timelines, I really thought the invite would take 2-3 weeks max to come through, but it didn't and now today (13/11/2014) was another round of invites to be sent out, and still nothing. It is now 2 months and nothing - is this normal? I submitted my EOI with 60 points and on the skillselect site, when logged in, it is showing my EOI status as been SUBMITTED. I just want to know if this is the normal waiting period for an invite? Obviously once I have the invite, I can finally submit my visa application.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by acmac

Our EOI was almost immediately. We are on a 190 and when the state confirmed our sponsorship, they also submitted the EOI on our behalf and it was accepted the very next day.

This waiting game is driving me insane, so I know how you feel.

Hang in there and take one day at a time.

• Like 1

It all depends on how many people with 60 points for your selected occupation applied before you and how high your occupation ranks on the in demand list and whether or not the occupation ceiling has been reached. If the ceiling has been reached then you will have to wait for 01/07/2014 for the roll over when the ceilings get set to zero again. Hopefully that is not the case for you. The waiting is the hardest and most unpleasant part of this whole journey.

• Like 2

It all depends on how many people with 60 points for your selected occupation applied before you and how high your occupation ranks on the in demand list and whether or not the occupation ceiling has been reached. If the ceiling has been reached then you will have to wait for 01/07/2014 for the roll over when the ceilings get set to zero again. Hopefully that is not the case for you. The waiting is the hardest and most unpleasant part of this whole journey.

Definately!!! the waiting is a killer.

This the occupation I'm appying for the visa with, and it looks like the ceiling hasn't been reached. I really hope the invite comes in the 27 Jan round.

OccupationID Description CeilingValue ResultsToDate

2613 Software and Applications Programmers* 4800 3142

Edited by acmac

That's awfully close for comfort. Will be holding thumbs that the invite comes quickly.

That's awfully close for comfort. Will be holding thumbs that the invite comes quickly.

Thank you soo much. Will let you know (when/if :() we get it.

• Like 1

Just out of interest, on the EOI numbers, like in the one above, they say the ceiling is 4800 and the used number is 3142. Is there anything that indicates or says the government has to use the 4800 up. Given what sounds like a blood bath going on with software developers and outsourcing of a lot of IT development roles at present, it would just seem odd that they may still go forward to that 4800 number, when there are a lot of developers in the market at present.

Just out of interest, on the EOI numbers, like in the one above, they say the ceiling is 4800 and the used number is 3142. Is there anything that indicates or says the government has to use the 4800 up. Given what sounds like a blood bath going on with software developers and outsourcing of a lot of IT development roles at present, it would just seem odd that they may still go forward to that 4800 number, when there are a lot of developers in the market at present.

I have no idea - I'm hoping they use the full 4800 for my sake ;), but not sure.

oh no!! I seriously hope that is not the case. We are still waiting for our skills assesment for that exact code!!! we should get it in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

we have 70 point as far as we know but now this is seriously making me worry. We just wanna get out of here ;-(

My husband even has a job with the same company he is with here in S.A already.

• Like 1

@mschepers you should be fine with 70 points

@acmac- best way to get an idea is to go onto ten skill select website and check out the last when it becomes available. That will give you an idea what points and eoi dates Are being selected. You'll be fine. Hang in there. The waiting is the hardest part

hi acmac

did you hear anything yet? Any invite yet?

No, not yet. Monday 27 Jan is next round of invites, so holding thumbs it comes then.

hi

At loooonnnnnggg last we woke up this morning and after 12 weeks we finally received our skills assesment. ;-)

sooo we now lodged our eoi this morning with 65 points for a 189 visa. Now i guess we wait. Monday is another invite round and we are seriously hoping 65 points is enough to get us through. We thought we had 70 but they dont want to recognize the first 2 years of my husband's work experience so we are stuck with 65.

fingers crossed... now the wait begins for feed back from them

Edited by mschepers

hi

At loooonnnnnggg last we woke up this morning and after 12 weeks we finally received our skills assesment. ;-)

sooo we now lodged our eoi this morning with 65 points for a 189 visa. Now i guess we wait. Monday is another invite round and we are seriously hoping 65 points is enough to get us through. We thought we had 70 but they dont want to recognize the first 2 years of my husband's work experience so we are stuck with 65.

fingers crossed... now the wait begins for feed back from them

congrats and Good luck!!!. I was too hasty in the beginning as I could have claimed >8 years experience, but didn't have the patience to wait for the company to response, so only claimed 5 years - that could have given me the etra 5 marks or so. Over and above that, I missed out on getting the extra 10 points by 1 mark for my EILTS test - I could have rewritten, but again, I didn't think I would have to wait too long for an invite with applying with just the 60 points. I now regret having been impatient :(. I'm really hoping the invite comes Monday too.

acmac we were now sitting and discussing everything and we are also hoping to get a invite on monday.

I think if you dont get one monday you should redo your ielts test to up your chances of getting a invite. But ja that is just what we think. You can actually log onto your eoi and update it. And if you can get the higher mark with the ielts you will obviously also be on 65 which obviously gives you a much better chance.

But ja that is just our opinion. If we dont get invite in next 2 rounds my husband will also redo the ielts and then we will have 70. Otherwise you will most likely wait till july when they clear everything again and start with the new year.

acmac we were now sitting and discussing everything and we are also hoping to get a invite on monday.

I think if you dont get one monday you should redo your ielts test to up your chances of getting a invite. But ja that is just what we think. You can actually log onto your eoi and update it. And if you can get the higher mark with the ielts you will obviously also be on 65 which obviously gives you a much better chance.

But ja that is just our opinion. If we dont get invite in next 2 rounds my husband will also redo the ielts and then we will have 70. Otherwise you will most likely wait till july when they clear everything again and start with the new year.

just wanted to find out whether you got an invite? I still haven't

Hi acmac

Yes we got a invite on sunday. We are very relieved. I really think you should redo your ielts so you can have 65. I think there are just too many people who get 60 points and you might be in a que of people. we are very lucky and very happy.. I hope soon it will work out for you too. I feel so sorry that you didn't get one.

Hi acmac

Yes we got a invite on sunday. We are very relieved. I really think you should redo your ielts so you can have 65. I think there are just too many people who get 60 points and you might be in a que of people. we are very lucky and very happy.. I hope soon it will work out for you too. I feel so sorry that you didn't get one.

You may be right. We're going to give it one more round and then will book for my ielts again - hopefully I get the 70 points that should get me the invite then.

Decided to wait for next round of invites (10 Feb) and if nothing still, will book for IELTS rewrite and hopefully get 8 overall for the 20 points.