New to The Hills

Neusch

Hi all

We have recently moved to Glenhaven after being in Canberra for a year - so we need to build up contacts/friends/acquaintances etc again.

We are a family of 4 - Garry(47), Trudy(42), Tasrin(19) and Travis (just about 15).

If anyone in the Hills area would like to chat/have a coffee - or even a Barbie - please let us know.

Thanks

Garry

• Like 1

Welcome to the Hills, there is quite a few of us around and if you walk in Castle Towers you will surely hear a Saffa.

Hi

Welcome. We are also a family of 4 and live in Baulkham Hills, however my kids are a bit younger 6 and 4.

There is a facebook group called "South Africans in Sydney (the Hills)". It might be worth to check it out.

Hi,

I am considering a work opportunity in Sydney. I'm currently in Tassie.

What are the options to commute to the CBD from the Hills?

According to Google maps it takes about 1.25 hours when using public transport (bus and train). What would this cost per week (Assuming I work 5 days per week)?

What does parking in the CBD cost and are there any opportunities to club together or hitch a ride with someone else who is driving into the CBD from the area?

Thanks

Edited by Gemsbok

Hi Gemsbok

I work in Leichhardt close to the city. I drive to work taking the M4. I leave just before 7:00 in the morning and it takes normally about 50 - 55 min. The afternoon a bit longer, just over an hour. There is no parking meters in Leichhardt.

Hope this help.

We currentlylive in Cherrybrook and my DH use the bus to travel to work and from work on a daily basis, he is in the CBD. The travel time in the morning is about 45 minutes and depending what time you get a bus in the evening it will be about 50 min to an hour. The cost of a week ticket is $37.

A bus trip from Castle Hill Interchange (which is located at the Castle Towers Shopping Centre) to the CBD will take an hour as per the NSW transport information line (http://www.transportnsw.info/). A couple of minutes can be added if there is traffic congestion but I think generally it is a smooth run for the buses as they have their own bus lane on the M2 Motorway and over the Harbour Bridge and in some places in the city.