Form 929 - to change kids passports numbers

humwill

Hi

Need to send in some 929 forms. Form says send to the office that approved your visa which was Adelaide but can't find a email address for them. So contacted our Pretoria embassy and they said send to the Hobart office this does not sound right to me!! Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi there

Here is a list of all the departments offices, just scroll down for Adelaide http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Australia.aspx

Hi AndreaL

Sorry looked at your link but can only see address , postal address and fax number no email? Why do they not have the emails of each office on the form? My apologizes if it there and I can't see it! Will look again now

I guess fax is an appropriate way to go, maybe they just limit an overload of internet traffic ? Just an uninformed guess. We are in the process of doing the same with my mother's passport for her visa, same thing. No email. Oh well, as long as it gets there. :whome:

Hi, I just looked at the form and the address is on there too, you have to post or fax, sorry, I should have said..........they don't advertise email addresses or they would likely have about 200 000 people emailing them every week, the only time you are likely to have an email address is if you have a CO assigned and they have contacted you.

I would post it and if you ever do get contacted by a CO ( sometimes you don't other than to say that your visa is granted) you can enquire if they have the new addresses.

Ah, sorry, silly me, you have had your visa granted haven't you? Just make sure you bring the old passports when you travel, the department also has your details linked to date of birth etc.

There was a post on here in the last week or so with the same issue. I will see if I can find it. BTW, after our first 457 visa( and we have had 3 of those plus a p.r. visa, I never bothered with getting things stamped in passports etc, just kept eveything, but of course we were onshore.

AndreaL, I guess the previous post was mine, I enquired about changing the passport number attached to the visa on the system, while the old passport gone missing. I guess it's a bit more intricate, for we cannot produce the old passport, only the number and maybe the SA passport for confirmation of birth date. If they have the old passports handy, it should be much less of a hassle.

I remember now Alida, one response was that they just had the visa linked to the new passport at the airport if I remember correctly.............it is you Moms passport isn't it?