Those new(er) to the Forum: TAGGING, SEARCHING, PUNCTUATION & ANSWERED-TOOL...

SmellyN

Question

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/37517-guys-gals-please-tag-in-your-topics/

So, as above, I posted this one before, but please accept apologies for not responding/giving more detail (am I also a normal user!)...seems I got too involved/ missed it somehow, but thought it might be best to re-post again...(Perhaps Admins- Jordy ?- can Pin some form of this to help some others along the way again?)

TAGGING:

The second window under yr new Topic Title window- "Topic Tags" -Tag keywords to help other people/yrselves to search specific topics easier & topics that have been addressed before...Choose a word/s that best highlights the subject/s you are posting about.

SEARCHING:

Top Right window under the black section (on the lighter SAAustralia blue section): There is a light brey block (defaulted on the word "forums") to the right of the window that has "search" in light grey in it & then to the farthest right a green block with eyeglass in it. The grey block is SELECTABLE! It doesn't look like it but it gives you 4 option for searching when you click on it -Forums; Members;Help Files & Calender....type in yr key search word & PRESTO! A list of the most recent/closely related topics will appear! VERY HELPFUL!!

PUNCTUATION:

Believe it or not....a simple "?" behind yr topic will make the world of difference in response to the answers you are looking for, or else people could easily assume off-hand it is a statement (possibly already discussed) & dismiss it! Dot yr "i's" & cross yr "t's" people! (PS- CAPS IS ALSO APPARENTLY SHOUTING TOO! SO....Don't use CAPITALS all the way through! There is also the handy "smiley tool" in yr post editor -you know? The one with bright yellow smiley face! It gives a range of emotions & helps brighten all our days! Or for that matter helps us shed the emotions!LOL!

ANSWERED TOOL (MARK SOLVED):

When someone answers on the post it will have 4 options to the bottom right of that post...(Report; Multi-Quote; Quote & Mark Solved) click on the "Mark Solved" to highlight the best possible answer out of the responses. It helps a lot, when searching lengthy/ in-depth topics!

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Thanks for posting this. If I can add one:

PLEASE USE DESCRIPTIVE TOPIC TITLES

A generic topic title like "Please help" etc is not helpful. Rather describe something about the topic. That way people dont have to click it if the topic doesnt interest them. Also the search function will search topic titles and if your chosen topic title says nothing about the topic it wont show up in results for future searchers. So rather say, "A question about skills assessment for plumbers" for example.

• Like 1

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/37517-guys-gals-please-tag-in-your-topics/

So, as above, I posted this one before, but please accept apologies for not responding/giving more detail (am I also a normal user!)...seems I got too involved/ missed it somehow, but thought it might be best to re-post again...(Perhaps Admins- Jordy ?- can Pin some form of this to help some others along the way again?)

TAGGING:

The second window under yr new Topic Title window- "Topic Tags" -Tag keywords to help other people/yrselves to search specific topics easier & topics that have been addressed before...Choose a word/s that best highlights the subject/s you are posting about.

SEARCHING:

Top Right window under the black section (on the lighter SAAustralia blue section): There is a light brey block (defaulted on the word "forums") to the right of the window that has "search" in light grey in it & then to the farthest right a green block with eyeglass in it. The grey block is SELECTABLE! It doesn't look like it but it gives you 4 option for searching when you click on it -Forums; Members;Help Files & Calender....type in yr key search word & PRESTO! A list of the most recent/closely related topics will appear! VERY HELPFUL!!

PUNCTUATION:

Believe it or not....a simple "?" behind yr topic will make the world of difference in response to the answers you are looking for, or else people could easily assume off-hand it is a statement (possibly already discussed) & dismiss it! Dot yr "i's" & cross yr "t's" people! (PS- CAPS IS ALSO APPARENTLY SHOUTING TOO! SO....Don't use CAPITALS all the way through! There is also the handy "smiley tool" in yr post editor -you know? The one with bright yellow smiley face! It gives a range of emotions & helps brighten all our days! Or for that matter helps us shed the emotions!LOL!

When someone answers on the post it will have 4 options to the bottom right of that post...(Report; Multi-Quote; Quote & Mark Solved) click on the "Mark Solved" to highlight the best possible answer out of the responses. It helps a lot, when searching lengthy/ in-depth topics!

Can you help with short cut codes for emoticons on ipads please

Can you help with short cut codes for emoticons on ipads please

This thread should help you MikeLeigh :)http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/39401-emoticons-for-iphone-and-ipad/

• Like 1

I have seen the "best possible answers" in green but I dont see the "Mark solved" button anwhere

on my computer at the bottom of each post there is only Report, Multi-quote and Quote

I have seen the "best possible answers" in green but I dont see the "Mark solved" button anwhere

on my computer at the bottom of each post there is only Report, Multi-quote and Quote

You will only see it if you started the topic yourself. The software works on the principle that the the thread starter asked the question they get to decide who answered it best for them.

cool thanx Jordy, that makes sense

Thanks for posting all this! Very helpful! :ilikeit: