Anybody moved from Perth to Brisbane? Please convince me that Brisbane's okay

ChareenB

• 7 months later...

Has anyone made the move from Perth to Brisbane of late?

Maybe Chareen will come back & tell us how it went...;)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Looks like this thread has gone

There are still lots of lovely places to live around Brissy.

Are you still thinking over making the move?

Hey Jax,

Yes pretty much, If none of my world first apps fly and I cant sell them for a small fortune, then Brissy is definate. As it stands now, we are going to be there in 1-2 years. We will fly over a few times to scope the place out and decided which suburb we want to stay in. We like the rural lifestyle with a big yard. Can we drop in while we are over there? My shout for a treat! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this thread has gone

There are still lots of lovely places to live around Brissy.

Are you still thinking over making the move?

Hi Jax,

I just landed a 3 month contract with a mining company. That sealed the deal for my wife and I. We are leaving Perth as soon as we can after the 3 months are up. No point begging in the dust for work all the time. Perth has DEFINATELY finished it's boom and gone bust. We will see you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

We love living in Brisbane. There are quite a few areas with newer houses not too far from the city. The bus & train network is great. Look at translink.com.au journey planner. It will give you a good idea how long it will take from the suburb to the city and what transport options are available. When looking for a place to stay, look at the flood maps on the council's website to ensure you do not land up in an area that gets flooded. We visited Perth for a holiday before we came over and I did not like the wind. Brisbane does get humid, but there are only a few days in the year that it is unbearable. Make sure your home has air conditioning and hang out in the shopping centres during those very hot days to enjoy free air con. Best of all, its not that cold during Winter.

It is close enough to Gold coast & Sunshine coast for a day outing to the beach.