Pretoria and Centurion coffee club July 2013

rikamarie

Personally I would prefer an informal set-up like the Botanical Gardens or a park.

It allows us to stand around and mingle a lot more than at a sit down restuarant type of venue.

If it is cold or windy, I'll wear warm clothes, but I will definitely be there.

Edited by Jacques Voogt

Botanical gardens sounds good... We can dress warm and then at least the is no awkward bill situation :)

Great! So see you all in 2 weeks time @ the Botanical gardens.

Looking forward to it!

I think we'll sit close to the entrance at 1st so that everyone can meet up and then we'll choose a spot or just stay where we are.

Keep us updated, would love to come around. Is it definitely the 21st now? Just need to sort out shifts at work. Our wonderful economy caused me to lose me job as of 30 June, so doing whatever puts bacon on the table

Hi yes the details:

Date: 21 July

Place: Pta Botanical gardens

Time: 10:00

Bring own picnic basket, blankets, chairs, etc.

Remember cash for the entrance fee

Great!!! See you all at the Botanical Gardens then. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder about the coffee club Sunday:

21 July
10:00
Pretoria Botanical gardens ( Cussonia Ave)
Bring own picnic baskets, chairs and entrance fee (Adults: R25; Students: R15; Children: R10 Under 6 years: Free)

General Garden rules

Please do:

• Walk around
  • Sightsee
  • Hike
  • Bird watch
  • Picnic
  • Exercise
  • Socialize
  • Learn more about nature
  • Appreciate the natural
  • Enjoy the environment
  • Get gardening tips

Please don't:

• Make fires
  • Braai
  • Skate board
  • Cycle (bicycle, tricycle etc.)
  • Climb trees
  • No firearms allowed
  • Swim
  • Pick/collect any fauna or flora
  • Graffiti
  • No animals allowed (only guide dogs)
  • Camp
For those in wheelchairs
  • Toilet facilities at the Garden entrance, restaurant and Tea Garden are adapted for disabled persons.
  • Wheelchairs can be obtained from the Garden entrance on request.
  • All pathways, except for the pathways on the ridge (Dassie Trail), the SucculentGarden and Cycad
  • Garden, are accessible to visitors in wheelchairs.
  • A special theme garden, the Enabling Garden, addressing the needs of physically challenged people has been developed near the Garden entrance. Make time to visit this garden to get interesting information and tips on how to adapt a garden for the physically disabled. Information in Braille is also displayed on information boards.

Just a last reminder about the coffee club Sunday! Sorry that I'm being a pest about it! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Hi, apologies, we received guests last night, thought we would bring them with, but seems it will not turn out that way! Ireally wanted to come, but have to chicken out this time. We'll be there in spirit...

Thank you Rikamarie for arranging the get-together. It was really nice. Some cold winds early morning, but later it got real balmy, true Pretoria weather! It was a breath of fresh air to be able to talk about emmigration without the accusing looks and aggressive questions. Just a "where are you going and when" for starters, and from there we had a lekker kuier :)

I took some photos, if I missed anyone, Im really sorry, I think I got everyone, but if I didnt I apologise. I hope I got all the names correct, if not please let me know!

Rikamarie and baby

DSC03175_zps4782bbdc.jpg

Herman and Anchen

DSC03170_zps2fdfda2c.jpg

Jaco (Jacovl) and Leonie and kids

DSC03178_zps9552a9e8.jpg

Lellete (LvD) and Gideon (GideonvD)

DSC03174_zps76bb5890.jpg

Paulet and Jacques

DSC03169_zps4e73eb60.jpg

Antonett and Jacques Voogt

DSC03168_zpsff50b6b1.jpg

Billy and Debbie Schutte

DSC03171_zps6a0ee1fa.jpg

Bronwyn (Ladysnoo) and Kyle

DSC03172_zpsc7aa26e6.jpg

Yolandi (Toitjie) and Reynier (Brumby)

DSC03177_zps926e04eb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks everybody it was nice putting faces to the people on the forum. We enjoyed it very much.

Thanks Yolandi for the photos. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it was really great.

But... we didn't have any coffee like the topic suggests, so I guess we'll have to try again.

;-)

Thanks for the lovely day everyone, nice meeting you all. And thanks so much for the photo's Yolandie.

Thanks so much to everyone for a great chat. It was great to see people so positive about Australia and to hear other people's experiences thus far. It's so great to now know who we read about so often LvD said putting faces and personalities to names.

Thanks for the photos Toitjie :-)

Was cool meeting everybody :)

Once again, good luck to all on the process of getting there... we will keep you posted ;)

It was great meeting you all! We had a very good time.

Thanks for photos!

Dear All

Regrettably we (Krisjan and Liezel) somehow missed out on the comms regarding the get-together and therefore did not attend the gathering on Sonday past, (undoubtedly due to us neglecting to visit the website regularly!).

Since attending the previous session (in November(?) last year) at Cornish Kettle, our visas have been granted during March. We will be visiting Oz soon to have the Visas stamped. When to leave, is the trick question because our situation with the kids (and their school careers) is rather difficult!

Beste wense aan almal met waarmee ookal julle in die proses is! Ek hoop ons hou darem 'n volgende koffie-sessie voor die einde van die jaar! Ons sien uit om julle weer te sien (as die volgende geleentheid betyds is) en nuwe trekkers te ontmoet.

K

Hey Kojak77

Congratulations on the visa grant. :ilikeit: I also think that that makes all the people at the last Centurion coffee club all visa holders. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi Kojak77

This topic of subscribing to event notifications did come up during the meet, especially for when things become busy and one does not have time to visit the site so often.

I had no idea how to do this but after your post decided to have a look this morning and found that one can subscribe to a forum.

So for those that did not know how to, like me, here is how.

For example

Go to page: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/forum/82-pretoria/

on the right hand side there is a "Follow this forum" button.

I'm assuming that this will mean you get notified whenever someone posts a new topic, say "September coffee"

I just subscribed to the NSW forum and new arrivals forum as these will definitely interest me once we are there and will give me the best chance of meeting fellow coffee clubbers or just new arrivals.

Hi Everybody,

We were in Mozambique so we missed out on the meet and greet. Anyone interested in having another meet and greet in Pta/Centurion sometime soon? We would love to meet people in the same boat as us!

Marc & ILze

We leave for Sydney on the 25th September

Anything before that would be good for us.

I think best is to start a new thread with a new date.

EDIT: BTW, I think the botanical gardens worked really well.

Edited by Jacques Voogt