Toddlers! Gotta love them -resale market flat

rozellem

Its autumn in Sydney and nippy to say the least. The thermostat in the kids bedroom says 15C at 8am, its much cooler than that outside. Indoors, I am dressed as if I am going to the North Pole and still my exposed fingers and nose tingle from the cold. Then, why on Gods green earth, do my boys refuse to have any covering on their feet and getting a jersey put over their pj's in the morning is a battle.

Yesterday, Mr 3 refused clothes all together. I managed to get underpants on him, but that was it. So I called his bluff (and he mine), got in the car and went about our day. I did pack clothes and shoes in the hope that he would crumble and he only put them on (still no shoes) after his swimming lesson, in the peer pressure of the cloakroom. We must have been quite a sight and I got many puzzled smiles from people and one knowing older mum saying "good on ya" as we passed.

Love the fact the Sydney allows people to be as strangely unique as they are.

• Like 8

Roszellem, I can still recall my youngest son having this scruffy little blue cap, and way before it was fashionable, it had to be side ways on his head, with the peak of the cap to the side. It did not matter where we were going, to church, to a wedding, shopping, he wanted to wear his cap. I was extremely grateful when that phase passed. He was around 2 at the time.

• Like 2

They are precious aren't they?

What I love about Australia is that you see many children in super hero costumes, ballet tutus, little boys with their sisters sparkly pink sandals on or wellingtons in summer ( my own Adam's favourite) and no one blinks an eye.

Unfortunately Adam is still "underpants boy" so hopefully yours will grow out of it. Adam still runs around in his underpants all day and he has just turned 8, I must admit my washing is minimal, but as the days have grown colder I have bought him some angry bird pyjamas, slippers and a soft dressing gown in the hope that he might at least dress in them.......

• Like 2

Excellent. My 4 year old son also has a tendency to slowly disrobe throughout the day, until by the end of the day he's only in a t-shirt.

My 2 year old daughter is a typical girl when it comes to dolls, prams, jewellery, shopping, etc, however... lately, when we've tried to put a dress on her, it's "NO! Dresses are for GIRLS!"

Guess she thinks she's a boy?

• Like 1

My eighteen month old toddler enjoys dresses and pick her own (or her sisters huge) dresses from the laundry. She likes putting on her shoes (never wears them indoors) but always takes them off in the car which is so very annoying. So before school pickup I put on socks and shoes, in the car she takes them off, get to school I put them on again, back in the car she takes them off again, and so we go on....

Her latest fun thing to do is to run in the other direction - so when I want her to go downstairs she scrambles upstairs, when we get ready to leave the house she run inside. When I go to catch her she makes her body heavy and tries to bite me!!

Running away is her favourite and her best, especially when I'm still half undressed in the dressing room at swimming lessons!

She also picks her nose, pinches, climbs onto everything and blows bubbles in her drink. So lovely...

• Like 1

Wow, seems there is a whole lot of spirited toddlers out there.

Over here, Mr 3 has gone to bed with his new swimming cap on his head........

• Like 3

Love it. Kids and animals keep you humble don't they.

Mr 4 likes to sleep naked. Last night he went to bed naked but with his new woollen gloves on. Not sure what we're going to do with the Sydney winter temperatures :o

• Like 2

The definition of a jersey: "Something our mother makes us put on when she is cold....." :)

• Like 2

LMGA!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the good laugh, really think differently of my 6 year old now.

I have a board that says: "Want to experience wild life? Have kids..." Never knew how true that can be.

Hope you will all have a blessed, half naked day... B)

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter said the other day that she can't keep a secret because her head just keep throwing them into her mouth.

• Like 4

My 22 month old son lies in bed, after I put him down for the night, singing "We will, we will, rock you!" to himself till he drops off. Ouma will be proud........ :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Kids - the great equalizer. My daughter's excuse for biting her brother the other day- It wasn't my fault, I closed my mouth when his finger was in it!!!

• Like 2

Eish, I sometimes ask my husband, "Should we call social services, or wait for them to come to us?"

We moved house 3 weeks ago, and (of course) their behaviour kicked off. There was a couple of days where my mini toddlers sported matching, reciprocal, bites to the face! Beautiful impressions that would make CSI proud.