Do not use Brytons – Britania

Cidalia

Please whatever you do, do not use Brytons Bratania for your move. My container has been cleared and ready for delivery 4 weeks ago, but they can’t deliver as Brytons has not paid them yet, they are saying that there is a difference between their original quote and the quote that Chess in Australia in now quoting them, I come to find out that the difference is only between $100-$200 so it’s not even that much. I have then offered to pay the difference (which in fact I’m not allowed to) I am camping in my house for 4 weeks now. Every time I phone=Brytons they say that they have already paid the amount, then I ask them every day to please send me the proof of payment and I never get it, till I phoned the manager and through my toys out the cot, then they sent me the proof of payment that was only paid that day, and not 3 weeks ago like they told me. Chess in Australia cant release my container until the funds are showing on their side ( which is totally acceptable and I completely understand) but now I wait to see if the actual amount that Brytons paid is the correct amount, or even close enough to the correct amount, if not that means that this could cost us up to more than just $200. It’s such bad serve from Brytons and we paid our FULL amount when our container left and they can’t even pay the amount over to Chess. The other thing is that we have a shared container as well and they said that container was going to leave 2 months ago, when I ask them about it, it hasn’t left yet. So now I need to be on their backs on that shared container too, by the looks of it will only get it next year at the rate that those people work. I can’t tell you all how furious I am. I would like to know where else can I complain about Brytons as I don’t want anybody to be sitting where I am sitting in now. I also need to be careful as my shared container is still sitting with them and I need that to be sent this side still, without them adding any other charges to my things. I know they are not allowed to but with those people I don’t know anymore, I’m thinking of getting a lawyer on to their backs, I really don’t know what to do anymore :(

Believe me,my blood would also be boiling if something like this happened to me.try to find out to witch association they belong to and tell them about your predicament .also try and claim something from them,like something you had to rent or for your inconvenience .try and find e mails were they said what time would be used shipping,clearing and delivering your container.if your container has been cleared,customs in Oz will have added storage costs on the account as well.It can easily be between 100 - 200 $ per day!

Thanx for the heads up!

That really sux!! :boxing:

I'm sitting here typing with Bayley Worldwide Removals busy packing up our lives and I'm already looking forward to our container arriving on the other side. You must be so devastated :cry: . Here's hoping that things will be sorted out very soon :hug:

• 3 months later...

The same thing has just happened to us with regards to this dreadful company! Last night late we received an e-mail that we apparently owe Britons-Brittania South Africa a lousy R515,00 (please note that this e-mail is dated in May, and this is the first time we saw it) after my husband asked them to confirm that the final invoice we've paid, was the final invoice of close to R120 000, 00 (40ft container). Why wouldn't we have paid this amount.

Oh, this time the reason was : an amendment that was made to the bill of lading. How do we know that this is not some corrupt scheme? They seem to wait until you need your furniture and then pull this move.

Our container left in April 2013 and our furniture is supposed to arrive on Monday (we have asked Aussiemovers to store it until now) when we'll also move out of a furnished place. We also found out that Aussiemovers on this side has not been paid their $3500,00 this morning and cannot deliver on Monday!!! Now we've sent all proof of payment and invoices to Aussiemovers as they at least will try from there side to fight this for them to get their $3500,00. Now we need to go and "camp" in our rental, like Cidalia!

We are at boiling point!!! Apparently this is the first time Aussiemovers have dealt with Brytons-Brittania, but what picture is Brytons painting about South Africans?

Keep in mind, my husband's bank account has been closed in South Africa and mine has been blocked. So a "quick" transfer won't be possible. It is weekend now, so when will our payment to Brytons reflect?

I cannot emphasize enough, in support of Cidelia, NOT TO MAKE USE OF BRYTONS-BRITTANIA!!!!! You don't need this stress.

When the agent from Brytons came for a quote he asked me if I know anything about the company or where I heard of them. I knew about some complaints but I was polite and just said I read about them on the SAAustralia forum...he said to me.."oh...so there are still some good comments about us"

which made me wonder...its a strange thing to say. None of the others said anything like that. I got the impression that there are quite a few complaints. Of all the quotes hubby and I disliked this one the most. Will definitely not be using them. So sorry for those who are trapped in dishonest people's clutches. I hope you get your containers soon!

I think Brytons is a company with cash flow issues and very weird bookkeeping. Unfortunately the little things start showing AFTER they have your furniture. We've also picked up, that when they gave us an invoice, the date was dated after our payment was made. We asked them to rectify that, which they did. Suspicious!

This also makes me think that this last invoice, which is dated in May, also has a fictitious date.

They're just busy cutting their own throats as the Aussie side of the removals are not being paid on time and I'm sure they'll also tink twice before they deal with them again. Eventually Brytons will have no one to deal with on this side.

We've phoned and paid Aussiemovers the $55,00, which they in turn have instructed Brytons to deduct from the $3500, 00 they owe Aussiemovers. Now Brytons can't play the game of "we don't see your payment reflecting on our side yet" as they have immediate permission to take it from the amount owing. I think that was part of their plan by only sending us their last invoice last night and then shortly after that, instructing Aussiemovers not to release our furniture.

Aussiemovers have been so helpful and sympathetic as we sent them proof of all our invoices and payments to Brytons to keep our name clean.

I will keep the forum updated on this.....

People need to Google and do their homework before putting their money in bad hands. Unfortunately we did not see this post in time!

Complaints like these need to go on HelloPeter so that others can see it too.

As soon as we have our furniture and Aussiemovers have been paid their outstanding amount and we're done, I will most definitely go to HelloPeter as nothing shows there at the moment. Brytons apparently took over Brittania according to the guy who was supervising our furniture being packed.

I don't want to ruffle Brytons' feathers yet - scared they become "hardegat" and delay payment to Aussiemovers unnecessarily.

Phew, this is like playing chess. You need to keep anticipating the oponent's next move before you make your own move! :-)

Good luck Cheryl, Im sure this is the last thing you need. It really is shocking to get such bad service. Hopefully it will be over soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Toitjie! :-) Holding thumbs for your journey too! It's still worth it!

I hope you get your precious things soon Cheryl, this is just not on - moving to Australia is so stressful, you really don't need this added to it.

• Like 1

Wow this is bad! Sorry to hear of your misfortunes! And I really hope you get your things soon!!

• Like 1

Thanks Lyn and Rikamarie! :-)

Here is a link of Proffesional Movers Association and their members. You can log your complaints here:

http://www.pmamovers.co.za/registred-members.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness I saw this post - something didn't seem right with them. They quoted MUCH CHEAPER than the other shipping companies and I think their volumes also don't add up.

Will definitely take them off the list.

And they don't even quote AQIS fees... :(