Selling a business.

jm01

Does anybody know were one can sell or market a business successfully?Has anybody done something like this before?

Is the business in SA or Oz? Secondly what type of business is it?

In SA,a panelbeater shop,2500m2 workshop and 12000 m2 plot.

I had good response from www.businessesforsale.co.za. Be prepared to receive some time-wasters (called tyre-kickers in Oz!) but you only need one right buyer and I believe that has just happened to me!

Good luck

Thanx,i listed the business there last week,got 1 reply but nothing definite yet.

Just want to add that I will not only rely on that site. It could make sense to speak to others in the same (or related) industry who might want to expand or relocate.

In Oz I worked as a Business Broker but there don't seem to be many in SA.

Are you a broker?

I worked as a Business Broker in Australia but we are back in Cape Town to sell our hotel business. Must say it is a lot harder to find brokers here in SA. The reason could be that there are not nearly as many smaller businesses trading here than in Oz.

Fortunately there are now cheap marketing opportunities such as social networks, which can also be tapped into. First thing is to ensure you price the business right to attract investors.

Good luck.

Thanx,if you are willing,please send me some names or contact persons.i guess you have covered much more ground by now than I have.

• 3 months later...

Wow,things are moving along quickly now,just received contracts for selling the businesses.

Great news !!! Good luck !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Changing contracts and nitty gritty stuff before signing.

• 2 weeks later...

Due diligence is being done tomorrow and hopefully the contracts will also get signed.jo,I never thought its such a long proses selling something.anything can still go wrong up to the point that the ink is on the paper.hold thumbs please!

• 1 month later...