Medical emergency - pymble/gordon region

cosmo

I need some help, where does one go if you need to see a dr over the weekends? I googled the nearby hospitals and they dont seem to have accident and emergency departments. Do you get these at public hospitals as we have no private medical yet.

My baby has been running a fever for 2 days and even neurofen is not lowering it anymore and im worried.

Thank You!

Hi Cosmo

Hornsby Hospital has an emergency dept, as does the San in Wahroonga (although that's a private hospital).

Otherwise there are GP services that will come to your home and some of them bulk bill through medicare. One that I know of is called My Home Doctor and the phone number is 13-7425.

I hope that helps and that your baby gets better soon.

Next time you have problem call http://www.healthdirect.org.au/ they can direct you to the closest hospital and they also good at giving you guidance re any medical issue. Most mums here have them on "speed dial" on their mobile/ home phone. All new mums are give their number with their blue book/ immunization book.

I would go straight to my nearest hospital if concerned and at the very least they can give you advice and referral to a suitable Dr or ER. good luck with your baby I hope he/she feels better soon .

My husband has been to Hornsby Hospital's Emergency Services twice and he's been pretty happy about their services. Also see the following link:

http://www.hornsbygp.com.au/ (Bulk Billing)

There is also the Hornsby Medical Centre in Hornsby Westfield that should Bulk Bill as well.

Hope she gets better soon.