Durbanites coming to Brisbane

Tati1

Hello there,

Just a quick note to offer our place/advise/friendship etc while settling, we know what is like as we went through it and wasn''t pretty as we didn't know about the forum bfore we left SAA in March 2009:)

Don't hesitate and PM me for help/advise :)

The road is long and hard but made easy by helping hands!!!

D

• Like 1

:)))) not really I would help anyone who needs!!Durbanites because we don't speak much Afrikanse and dont wanna dissapoint :)))

Happy to help any Saffer as starting over in Oz has not been all we were dreaming off JAJAJAJAJA to put lightly :))) and miss our old friends so here we are ready to make new ones and in the process help good old Saffers:)

D

HI Tati1

Thanks for the kind offer! Will certainly keep you in mind when we arrive. Still waiting for our medicals to be cleared, then hope to be making the big move later this year (goal= June/July).

T

Hey Tati1

It is really kind of you to be so generous and open up your home to new comers to Australia. I believe strongly in the paying it forward motto and hope to be in a position to one day do the same for fellow saffa's moving to Australia.

We aren't quite sure where we will land or what the future in Australia holds for us be we will be sure to look you up if we do end up in Brisbane, even if it just ends up being for a cup of coffee.

:ilikeit:

I say cheers to that and hope the final stage is not so hard because it will be hard but look up ahead its all worth it:)

Looking forward to meeting you guys and if not in Brissie remember its a small world, my great friend lives in Perth she will be happy to lend you a hand if that's were you end up too.

Good luck and keep us posted:)

D

• 4 months later...

Hey Tati1

Where about in Brisbane do you stay?

I arrive in Brisbane on 30 July and my wife and boys fly in on 20 Sept 2013. We will be staying with friends in the Gap initially until we find an area that suits us as well as finding a rental.

Hey Brad - we also leaving in Jan for gold coast from durban (bluff) - looking forward to the new challenge ahead... Where do u stay in Durban? Our boys look about the same age!

Hi Humwell,

bluff, I'm running for cover - LOL - just kidding.

I lived in Vereeniging for 35 years and gave spent the last 7 years in Hillcrest.

My boys are 11 and 9 years old.

Give me your number and we can get together for a beer.

yes u know what they say "u rough and tough and come from the bluff" lol..... ok our boys are younger 8 and 6 but maybe we can get together somewhere in the holidays for a chat - will pm u my cell number

Hi all

Me too!!!

We moving from Pinetown to Gold Coast in 4 weeks - we land on 19 July!!!

Why dont we organise a gathering shortly after Humwell, Brad and families arrive?

Yip - sounds good to me.

Are we leaving this up to Mrs K to organise seeing as she will have settled down a little before the rest of us.

Thank you for your invitation and reaching out to us ex Durbanites - and others :) .... I am from Durban although currently with family in Johannesburg awaiting my visa outcome which is any day now.... I hope to be able to get some advise from you should I make it over to Brisbane hopefully in the next few weeks.

lol @ brad! no pressure hey!

sure, will try to organise my life in time to organise a gathering!

Will be staying on the gold coast initially, but will try to seek out a nice spot in the middle!

just need a job and a home....

MrandMrsK - same boat as me then.

Need to find a home and a job - nothing like taking a leap of faith.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Keep me and family in mind as well please.

Suppose I am luckier than some - start working 2 Sept, can choose which capital city we can settle in, as long as it has an airport (management consulting).

Flying 23 Aug to Sydney. Settling there for first 12 months due to having close friends that are there.

Lucky bugger, is all I can say.

I am very happy to help anyone arriving in Brisbane. We were helped so much when we arrived a year ago that I'd love to pay it forward. Just give me a shout.

• Like 3

Thanks for the offer Sharon, if you have any contacts within the Employment agency business, that could always come in handy.

Yay my visa granted 5 July and flights booked for 1 August, I waited for this visa for 3 and a half years with such passion and now suddenly I am panic struck LOL.... I am going to Toowoomba initially for a week to catch my breathe (have a cousin in Toowoomba) and then have to start looking for work and accommodation in Brisbane.

What I wanted to ask here is if you or anyone would know of places that are good to hire for short periods of time, where there are good public transport facilities and obviously safe enough surrounding area. Just names would be good, I can do the rest of the research. I was figuring that I may from time to time commute between Toowoomba and Brisbane to start and could possible need a few days here and there stay in Brisbane. Perhaps not required but nice to know if need be. I have a son who lives in a digs until Jan, but no space for me there :)

Congrats Maudei!

Am not there yet so I cant give you any info, but all the best.

Meet you when you get there!

we leave in 5 days!!! eeek

Congrats Maudei!Am not there yet so I cant give you any info, but all the best. Meet you when you get there!we leave in 5 days!!! eeek

Time has certainly moved on - best of luck.

I have 16 days to go before I head off - remember to stay in contact and organize a get together.

I havnt forgotten!! Will get back to you on this shortly!

Congrats Maudei!

Am not there yet so I cant give you any info, but all the best.

Meet you when you get there!

we leave in 5 days!!! eeek

Thank you...... 5 days eeek! That is how I have been feeling too and I have 3 weeks to go ..... Wishing you all the best with your journey across and that all will fall into place as it should..... :) ...... Nerve wrecking but I know once you get there and see and feel things for yourself it will not feel as daunting as before while one waits to get over there. Good luck with the last few days in SA.

• Like 1