Andy Kerr ,migration 4 us agent

jm01

Anybody knows this agent and if they are good?

Hi there, we were going to use Andy (a few months ago he was called Network Migration), I am glad we pulled out before we paid anything. I came across a lot of bad references about him last minute, among very few positive ones. He was very friendly and helpful over the phone and I was convinced he was the agent for us, but I got a bad feeling because he was almost too positive. He also asks for his fees upfront, which is a sign to be careful, because that often means they're in it for the money and don't have your best interests at heart. The fact that his company now has a new name is a bit worrying.

We're now using Stephen Dickson from Migration Outcomes Australia based on his fantastic track record on this forum (search for his name on this forum SD_MOA and you will see what I mean). He works on a pay as you go basis, so you don't have to hand out thousands before you can even begin. During our process I have picked up on a few things that Stephen has corrected which we were told falsely by Andy.

His fees are very close to what Andy quoted us so you're better off using Stephen.

OOH SH..,I ALREADY PAID HIM 20K.He seemed very nice on the phone,always answering all my calls and giving me advice as we went along,until he got his first payment.His website and progress reports seems fine,but i am getting the notion he feels a flat ...Thanx anyway for the repkly.I CLIMBED INTO "BED" WITH THIS COMPANY,SO I WILL NEED TO WATCH EACH STEP NOW.

Oh sorry, didn't realise otherwise would have let you know a bit more gently :)

Look he may be fine and he may do your application successfully.

Just be very strict with him if he shows any sign of unusual delay or not getting back to you.

Is he still registered with MARA? I've heard that as long as an agent is on MARA website, it covers you a little legally if something goes wrong and he is responsible. Make sure every promise from him is in writing. If there's something he wants to rather phone you about, ask him to put it in writing so you're covered.

But keep posted on this forum and get familiar with time frames etc to be aware if things aren't looking or sounding right.

I don't know that he's a complete fraud, just get the impression he over-promises to get you on board and under-delivers because he can't actually pull off the loop holes he thinks he can.

For example he told me I could claim 3 years experience for my occupation and showed how many points I'd get. But when I did my skills assessment with my new agent, he told me that I only qualified for 1 year so we didn't even try claim more.

Stay away, he was Network Migrations....Mate of mine paid him 30K, did nothing for him, never returned calls.He lost his money and lost his opportunity to move to Auss. Sites like this should be used to warn and assist people against money thieves like him.....

We signed up with Andy Kerr back in February 2005 when they were stilled called Network Migration. I never again spoke to him personally after we paid the money over. I was assigned a Case Officer who dealt with our application and the whole process. They had a huge staff turnover and we ended up being assigned a new Case Officer almost every 6 months. I didn't really had too much issues with them looking back on it now. If I'd done the research myself on the DIAC website I could've probably done it all myself but saaustralia.org was still very new and everything was still paper based and a lot harder to do. They didn't do much for me besides emailing me the particular application forms that I needed to complete and sending my hubby's trade certificates to the applicable trade assessment body and all Afrikaans certificates to the appropriate place where it could be translated to Australian standards. Sometimes I felt they were a bit slow but that was actually just me. It took me almost 2 years to finally get my act together and complete the application forms. As soon as I sent them the forms it took about 10 months till we received our visas.

I'd say be on the lookout for them - they do not go out of their way to really assist you. I did feel like just another number and didn't get that "personal touch" feeling from them. Just be on their case constantly and follow-up, follow-up, follow-up.

Good luck!

Hi, just to put your mind at ease. We are using Andy Kerr and have not had any problems. The lady from his office that has been helping us is Anastasiya and she's been great. I know that there are stories out there about Andy, he is known for his 'rubber lips', but if you do what you need to do on your side, we have found they do what they need to do on their side, our relationship has been a good one, nothing bad to report.

Thank you,i feel much better now.I will keep n close look at proceedings from this point onwards.

Stay away from this guy at all costs! I also lost money with his "Network Migration" crowd. Get a good agent recommended on this forum.

Thanx,i think i might try and wiggle myself out of his one,seems like too many people had bad experiaces with this dude before.

We were going to use him before we decided to go it alone. We did use his advice though for occupation choice and at the end of the day my skills were negatively assessed! It was an expensive R7,000 mistake! I have now chose my own occupation for reassessment (another R6,000 later) based on my own research and I am certain this time I will be successful. Not saying don't use him, but whoever you use be careful. I will never ever put all my trust into someone for something so big.

We were going to use him before we decided to go it alone. We did use his advice though for occupation choice and at the end of the day my skills were negatively assessed! It was an expensive R7,000 mistake!

One of the biggest mistakes is to get advice from an agent and then not use them, because you don't know what they had planned for how to structure your application. The skills assessment is the crucial part, and although he may have told you an occupation that you weren't experienced in, you may just have done your references in a way that didn't look like you had the experience. But at the end of the day, if you were experienced in that occupation then your references should have shown that as you cannot lie about it, perhaps then you didn't have the experience and he was planning on making it seem like you did - who knows!

• Like 1

Away well,die koeel is nou demur die kerk!(the bullet is through the church,lol) en ek sal maar wag en kyk.they seem to be very quite these days,since I paid over 18k,maybe he took the money to visit family in oz???

At least you're aware now of previous behaviour and you can keep your finger on the pulse.

Just nag nag nag! Ask questions from those of us who know the rough time frames, that way if you don't hear from them and know you should have, you can demand a response. What are you waiting for from them now? You've paid for them to start and then?

Edited by sianvz

We also unfortunately learnt our lesson the hard way and paid the agents we used up front and all they did for us was submit all the documentation we filled in and collected for the skills assessment and the checked the EOI and submitted it after I had filled it in and submitted it myself. I then had to threaten them with more MARA complaints to get them to move their butts with the actual visa application.

One lesson we have learned, and I hope others will find this forum before they make the same one, is don't pay your agent everything upfront, once they have got the money they have no reason to be in a hurry to get anything done.

I hope this all works out for you and that this guy doesn't take you for a ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Away well,die koeel is nou demur die kerk!(the bullet is through the church,lol) en ek sal maar wag en kyk.they seem to be very quite these days,since I paid over 18k,maybe he took the money to visit family in oz???

How are things going with these guys so far?

Thought you may be interested to know that I got an email newsletter today from Network Migration (Andy Kerr's company that everyone knows him by). Weird how he is working under two different names??

I BASICALLY PHONED TEM AND WARNED THEM IN THE NICEST POSSIBLE WAY NOT TO SCREW WITH ME,AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE DONE ME SOME GOOD.I IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE AGENTS AFTER THE FIRST PHASE IS FINISHED?

@jm01, you can change agents at any time. There is a form 956/956a that you can fill in and get the agent to sign and submit to DIAC. If you do choose a new agent they will know exactly what to do. The only drawback is if you pull out now you're going to loose the money you've already paid them.

i will pay for the first phase and after its finished,pull out.what will happen to the work they did to that point?will the new agent pick up were they left off?

It all depends on exactly what they have done for you. If it's the skills assessment make sure that you get the original skills assessment report and certificate and that you also get the original IELTS test report form back, you cannot get a replacement copy. Also make sure that if they have created an EOI that you get the login details from them but I doubt that they have gotten that far yet any way.

Most import thing is make sure you have all your originals back before they get wind of you wanting to pull out. The last thing you need is to have to pay more money to get replacement copies of skills assessment or re-write the IELTS.

The new agents you choose should just be able to pick up where these guys left off provided they have the necessary information about what has been done.

who was your agent and were they good?seems like you did not struggle too much.