Johannesburg, South Africa

Saturday 7 - Sunday 8 September, 2013

Gallagher Convention Centre

19 Richards Dr

Midrand

South Africa

I'll give it a miss... thanks...

• Like 2

Thanks for the post. We went in 2012 and it really is nothing amazing, but for newcomers to the whole process, I'd say it would be good. There were some interesting seminars.

Thanks for the post. We went in 2012 and it really is nothing amazing, but for newcomers to the whole process, I'd say it would be good. There were some interesting seminars.

I agree. For somebody that's new to the process it is worth going. It won't change your life or rather most likely won't, but there's always that small chance of connecting with an employer particularly in the mining and engineering fields!!
  • Like 1

Yeah, it usually aimed at those industries anyway :)

We went way back when and I think that it is a complete waste of time for anyone not in the mining industry. In fact it was a bit disheartening, as it really seemed as if we had no ability to make the move. However, history has proven the expo wrong.

• Like 1

I would not spend my money and time in attending this. The previous one was an absolute disaster, money and time wasted :glare:

I have obtained more info on this forum :ilikeit:​ and Google than the seminar...

Just want to add my 10c here :)

The Oct/Nov 2012 one in JHB was an absolute waste of time and money - we thought we would be getting the same "WoW" as back in 2007/2008

If you are not an engineer or working in the mining industry - don't bother, you may only come home and change your mind about emigration due to the poor event.

It is a money making scheme these days - the 2012 one: we walked through in 10mins and laughed at the size of the refreshment area being bigger than the event itself.

Try get a GroupOn voucher/ticket for the event - 50% off , maybe worth it then.

If you know about the moving companies, Exhange4Free and customs clearance then rather stay home and enjoy a braai!

** I need a bakkie, walked around Pymble this afternoon and noticed a massive Stainless gas braais parked on the curb - need to get that onto my patio :)