Blackberry phone problems

g cant wait

My blackberry is blocked. To unblock it costs about R570. But blackberry is really not popular here. Plus the cost per month is similar to getting a new phone on the same plan. So we decide to get the new phone.

How long do you want to talk for? What I have worked out it is about 200kB per minute.

Thanks AlBrough, this puts it into perspective. So one needs about 40-50 MB to make a 10min viber call everyday for the month?

Thanks to everyone else for their input.

We have had no issues with Crazy John's since arrival. Both my daughter and I are on them. I had an MTN phone in SA and Caitlyn a Vodacom phone. $29 for 6 months BIS and then $19 a month which gives me $250 calls, so for approx $48 a month plus we have $500 calls over 2 phones. Crazy Johns insisted that we would still be able to get the pre-paid BIS when we went in last week...must check again JIC.

Want to get a Galaxy S3 must admit, but need a job to get a contract...

Thanks AlBrough, this puts it into perspective. So one needs about 40-50 MB to make a 10min viber call everyday for the month?

Thanks to everyone else for their input.

That should be about right. What phone do you use to make Viber calls?

Here in SA I am using my HTC Desire. Its due for upgrade and I will either stick with HTC and Android as it works well, or get a Samsung?

The thing with Iphone as I understand is that you have to pay for the programs ect, as with android almost everything is downloaded free? :unsure: .

On the other end my son has tossed his berry and bought a Samsung S3 on 4G. We are constantly using Viber :ilikeit: to make our international calls, him already being in Canberra.

Seems some are lucky with this Crazy Johns and others not. My wife is also on the Berry and due for the upgrade. The Berries have done well and I think its great and easy to keep in touch with friends and relatives once the big move has occured. I suppose we will just have to save and rather get new phones off the shelve in Oz with their warranties and things and work with "Whats up" and "Viber". I personally do not BB or whats up, but for the chatter boxes it's I suppose perfect. I have started with Viber as it allows you to actually make internet calls (for those who do not know Viber) and it works like a charm.

So, sorry to say but it seems the SA berry will have to stay behind or given to someone in need unless the service providers in Oz make it work for SA berries in the longer run? :cry: New country new life, new home, new friends, new job?, .......new phone :ilikeit:

Can't wait .......

They are apparently going to stop BIS in South Africa soon. Any droid is good. I have used the Samsung SII, SIII and the HTC One X