Working Remotely

Guest May

The internet speed is fantastic here so you should have no problems if your computer is set up prior to leaving. Telstra provide us with 200 gig per month as part of our telephone package for about $100 per month.

It depends on what you want to do and how quickly you want it done.

It is very much a "how long is a piece of string" scenario, are you wanting to share some files or are you wanting to run a company with remote branches.

Sorry if its a bit too much info to ask, but there are millions of variables involved and the more we know the better we can answer.

Edited by AlBrough

I was able to work remotely on MAINFRAMES in Dallas and Sydney, with response times I WISH we'd in the 80's.

Responses were almost immediate via VPN's set up via Cisco and other routers.

I was also able to work on the company server in Sydney (from Perth) with no real evidence of distance apart from when I wanted to transfer MB

Edited by OubaasDik

Technology is fantastic. I can work from home as if I was sitting at my office desk, at least then I would have to deal with the barrage of stupid questions that seem to degrade my limited sanity.

• 4 weeks later...

Technology is fantastic. I can work from home as if I was sitting at my office desk, at least then I would have to deal with the barrage of stupid questions that seem to degrade my limited sanity.

Take a LART to them - that'll stop that stuff.

Take a LART to them - that'll stop that stuff.

For those of you wondering:

A LART adjusts the attitudes of those pesky, clueless people who rely upon their admins for everything from picking their mice off of the floor to turning on their monitors; namely, the luser. Running lart with the appropriate arguments will cause the specified luser to run away screaming in agony. Alternatively, you can make the luser buy you a beer, after killing all of their processes.

• Like 1