Pymble

cosmo

We have made the decision to move to Sydney early in 2013 :ilikeit:

We have found possible furnished rental for 3 months in Pymble. Does any one know anything about this area?

Appreciate any info.

From my research it looks like a good area, good schools and nice and leafy..we looking around pymble/turramurra as well as a few other suburbs surrounding chatswood.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you will be moving to West Pymble or Pymble. Can tell you a little more about Pymble on the east side of Pacific Highway. This is a lovely peaceful suburb with lots of trees.

Rail close by - either Pymble station or Turramurra station. Traffic along Pacific Highway is a nightmare but traffic anywhere in Sydney is a nightmare.

The closest smallish shopping centre is St Ives Shopping Village and you will find larger shopping centres in Hornsby, Macquarie and Chatswood.

There are lots of good primary schools, a good number of good private high schools as well as a few government high schools.

Good Luck with the move, you will definitely like Pymble and feel free to ask more questions.

SIMS1, Id like to know if Sacred heart primary has a good reputation? / have you heard anything about this school? We seriously considering Pymble, lane cove and forestville/frenchs forest, so now its all up to where we can get a rental, I would like to try narrow it down but at this stage im running out of time.

We moving 6 January and ive booked furnished accomodation for 11 days in Pymble...its just SO hard to secure a rental when you not in the actual city :(

A few of my daughter's friends went to Sacred Heart and were very happy with the school. My daughter went to Corpus Christi in St Ives (which is not very far from Sacred Heart) and we were very happy with the school.

Good Luck with the move. I hope it all goes well and happy to help with anything if you want to PM me.

and you will be down the road from Stanleys butcher in St Ives which stocks not just biltong and wors but most of the critical RSA goods - bistro, pap, c&b mayo etc

and even has koeksisters and melktert made by Saffa ladies in the area

• 1 month later...

Just updating, we also rented in Pymble for 3 weeks then settled in beautiful turramurra ,we were inorinoco street and it was stunning! Scary driveways but lush with lots of bird life, I enjoyed our stay there but couldn't find the right rental for us. Please update us on how you go.

Hi Elleneo, we are also renting in Orinoco Street - i wonder if its the same place as it quite a steep long driveway.

But i agree - very beautiful!!

Not sure where turramurra is, will have to look it up :)

Hey there Cosmo...is your landlord a sweet Russian man named Askar?

If so its definitely the same place! turramurra is about 2km( a neighbouring suburb... up from pymble..very near st ives...My daughter goes to school in Pymble.