Short term accomodation Dec to end Jan -Castle hill, cherrybrook, kellyville, rouse hill, glenwood, Dural, baulkham hills,north rocks, pennant hills

delboy2oz

Hi All,

My plans to get to Sydney had an extreme escalation last week as I landed a job and 457, start date 10 December 2012.

As we intend on settling in either castle hill, cherrybrook, kellyville, rouse hill, glenwood, Dural, baulkham

hills,north rocks, pennant hills - all depending on schooling, I would like to try get short term accomodation until my furniture arrives in mid January.

Does anyone have any contacts, agents, web sites etc?

Many Thanks

There was someone on this site who had a flatlet set up as temp accommodation in the Sidney area. You may have to search for it ....

Hi there,

Yes, Beebop24 - contacted her already, her accomodation is occupied unfortuantely, that was my 1st enquiry,

Thanks

We have stayed at the Dural caravan park and it was extremely terrible! I still meant to write a snot-review on their website but I didn't get to it.

We got a refund from them after the 2nd night and moved into the Quest apartments nearby - I think it's Cherrybrook. It was chalk and cheese! And the best bit, it wasn't much more money at all but far far better.

Thanks for the info, just checked and it would cost $ 405 per day for 6 weeks, quite pricey. Checking Gumtree as well, maybe rental plus some basic furniture whilst we wait for our furniture will have to do.

I recall someone posted about a company you can rent household items, do you perhaps know the name?

Regards

My husband is there now and he is renting a room in a house which he says is very nice for &180 per week its in the Dural area, PM me if you want contact details

Wow we definitely didn't pay anywhere near $400 a day!

Also check out www.airbnb.com

Hi Bronwyn,

www.airbnb.com what a winner, booked and paid, what a relief,

Thanks again!

Hi Bronwyn,

www.airbnb.com what a winner, booked and paid, what a relief,

Thanks again!

Great stuff! I actually haven't tried it myself, I heard about it a couple of months ago on the Forum. It seems like a good concept. :)

Oops, early morning and brain not functioning properly yet - only now read that you found something. But hey, maybe these links might help someone else in future....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

This one is back on the table, got a cancellation email at 03:30 on Thursday from www.airbnbn.com telling me my host had cancelled, for now reason.

@ Cidalia can you please PM your hubby's details.

I'm trying to secure a rental now in Castle Hills/Dural within the Cherrybrook Public School catchment area - if anyone has any contacts, would be greatly appreciated. I also have friends in Dural doing the same from that side.

Thanks to any and all that may be of assistance!

Cheers