Brisbane Get-Together

Lynnie

I am starting to get excited by the number of people that are going to be there. We are going to take over at least half of Roma St Parklands by the looks of it. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Do you know how long I've been trying to get everyone together? - I can't wait :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

I am starting to get excited by the number of people that are going to be there. We are going to take over at least half of Roma St Parklands by the looks of it. :ilikeit:

Hi

I see that you are living in Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast..:):):)

SABONA - the South African Business Network host a breakfast on the 1st Friday of each month at the Karma Waters Restaurant/Cafe on the Esplanade in Mooloolaba.

About 30+ people usually attend, South Africans and Zimbaweans (yes they also welcome Zimbaweans :):))

There is also a FB Group started by Cheryl Payne for South Africans living on the Sunshine Coast - "Sunnycoast South Africans"

In future you may not need to go all the way the Brisbane for your RSA "fix" :)

There is also a store in Forest Glen called the CRUNCH that stocks South African products - South African owned. The owners Mariane and Christo often host

Braai's on a Friday night behind the store and you can get your boerewors etc from them....they usually provide the fires and the pap and roll.

Enjoy!

Manny

• Like 2

Hi

I see that you are living in Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast.. :):) :)

SABONA - the South African Business Network host a breakfast on the 1st Friday of each month at the Karma Waters Restaurant/Cafe on the Esplanade in Mooloolaba.

About 30+ people usually attend, South Africans and Zimbaweans (yes they also welcome Zimbaweans :):))

There is also a FB Group started by Cheryl Payne for South Africans living on the Sunshine Coast - "Sunnycoast South Africans"

In future you may not need to go all the way the Brisbane for your RSA "fix" :)

There is also a store in Forest Glen called the CRUNCH that stocks South African products - South African owned. The owners Mariane and Christo often host

Braai's on a Friday night behind the store and you can get your boerewors etc from them....they usually provide the fires and the pap and roll.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hey Manny, thanks for the info. We bumped into some people in Aldi's the other day and they also told us about the group here. Now that I know what the facebook group id called I have sent a request to join the group. The reason we are going to the Brisbane get together is to meet the people from the forum that hav been such a great support over the last year while we were going through the application process.

• Like 1

Dankie Lynnie vir jou bereidwilligheid om te help. Ons 'container' was gister afgelewer en dit is so lekker om net te sit op ons eie banke en t.v te kyk op ons eie t.v. (Small things, I know)

Sien uit daarna om vir julle binnekort to ontmoet. :)

• Like 3

Hello!

I just want to confirm that everyone is doing a picnic thing? So excited to meet people and speak to people!!

Lisa

Hello!

I just want to confirm that everyone is doing a picnic thing? So excited to meet people and speak to people!!

Lisa

Picnic and I am sure there are gas BBQ's there as well if I remember what Lynnie said correctly. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Ok - I have a crisis.... We will only be able to come at about 11am.... SORRY guys, it is out of my control. But I will send my friends with the BULLE vlag so that everyone knows where to meet - remember it is by the kiddies play area :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ok, so I like knowing what to expect so I have made a list of possible attendees at the get together:

27th from 9h30

Lynnie and Family from 11

HEOJJ, OYBR + 1

Wendy Mare

Tisha + Hubby + 1

Sharon + Hubby (of 23 years)

LisaMcD

Tati1 from 11

LaurenC + Hubby + baba

Craig01

Marc & Cliff

Great. Now what about Fish?? There are many other Brisbanites. Where are you guys? Are we going to meet you, or what?

Ok - I have a crisis.... We will only be able to come at about 11am.... SORRY guys, it is out of my control. But I will send my friends with the BULLE vlag so that everyone knows where to meet - remember it is by the kiddies play area :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I'll try and make sure that there is a Reds flag there as well. :P

• Like 1

I'll try and make sure that there is a Reds flag there as well. :P

Jy soek vir moeilikheid... Ten minste het ons vanoggend 3 uur (JA ek het gekyk!!) 34-0 gewen :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Will be good to meet everyone. Where in Roma, it's a big place. Excuse me if its already been discussed but I'm still in holiday mode so too lazy to look back!

Will be good to meet everyone. Where in Roma, it's a big place. Excuse me if its already been discussed but I'm still in holiday mode so too lazy to look back!

Can't wait to hear all about your holiday...glad you are safely back :ilikeit:

Do you know where the amphitheater is (the stage)? Just walk past it and you will see the kiddies area on the right - I will pm you more details :ilikeit:

Jy soek vir moeilikheid... Ten minste het ons vanoggend 3 uur (JA ek het gekyk!!) 34-0 gewen :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ek like om te stir. :P:ph34r::boxing:

WHOOOOHOO!!!!! See you all tomorrow :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Sorry to be only able to come at around 11.... Our friends will be there at 9.30 with the Bulls gear :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

A small request to those who are coming - if possible - wear something South African like a rugby jersey perhaps?

I'm coming barefoot with my cardboard sign. :jester::P

• Like 1

Hey guys!

I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. I start my new job on Monday, and have a lot of prep to still do.

I hope it's a fun day for everyone!! Would have loved to have met you all.

Lisa

x

Thanks everyone and Lynnie for arranging the get together.....it was great meeting you all!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and if anyone wants to meet for a chat and laugh, my number is below. :ilikeit:

Bye for now

Wendy

• Like 2

We arrived VERY late at about 2pm and couldn't see any 'Blou Bulle vlag'. We walked all the way to top of the park past about 3 different groups of Asians and some teenagers who were dressed up as Disney characters, to the Kiddies play park, the closed one, and the tiny tots play park, around the lake, past the little train twice, through the middle botanical gardens and couldn't spot a flag or hear a S.A accent anywhere.

So we ended up having a picnic at the top of the gardens, as we were too tired and hungry to go back down again to sit by the lake. After lunch at about 2:30pm we strolled back through the park and still couldn't spot anyone. That will teach us for going to 'Rugs A Million' first :blush-anim-cl:

Lauren, It started at about 9.30 We were there until about 13.30.... Sorry to have missed you - we'll have to arrange another get together :ilikeit:

Lisa- good luck for Monday :ilikeit:

Wendy - all I did was pester people to come - it was lovely finally meeting everyone - next time 'n dop en tjop / bring en braai :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Thanks Lynnie we enjoyed it even though we only arrived after you. I would liked to have spent more time chatting to more people. maybe there will b another one. :ilikeit:

• Like 1