Brisbane Get-Together

Lynnie

We'll just have to arrange another one for when you all are here May and Tisha :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Maar seriously Brisbanites, kan ons die datum asb vasmaak? Tsunabi wil ook graag kom so kan ons dan reel vir 2 of 9 Desember?

Ons sal ook kom.... as ons weet wanneer dit gebeur....and when the stupid Telstra finally install our ADSL line so we can regularly access the internet.

I have just realised that I won't be able to come to the get together on 24th and nor will Marck. We are going to Melbourne for a few days. If the date changes we will definately be there.

Hi Lynnie en almal, ek sien nou eers jou reply Lynnie, sorry man. Ek dink ek sal moet koffie dates met almal individually maak. Des 1 is uitpak en Des 8 werk manlief, Des 15 en 21 kla goete an mar ek is op die oomblik n stay at home mom so tussen naweke is ek all for girls koffie inni oggend en vandaar kan ons lekke braais beplan :-) So...who's for coffee?? :-D

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

I know this thread may be a bit old and I can't really make out if anything happened with the get together but I thought I would take a chance (on me).

Our time left in South Africa is short and running out very quickly and I simply can't wait to see Brisbane (or Australia for that matter) and I thought I would throw this out there.

We are planning on leaving on 1 April or as close to it as possible. We will be in Brisbane for a couple of days depending on when we land and will then be off to Maroochydore on the 5th to our temp accommodation.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a get together around the 4th or 5th of May? Although we will be in Maroochydoore we will gladly take the train into Brisbane to the Roma St Parklands (which look awesome btw).

We would really like to meet you guys (my wife can't wait to meet Fish :P). I know it's a long time off but please let me know if anyone is interested.

I am keen to get together. I will be in SA until 16 April so anytime after that.

@HEOJJ,

Just as a matter of interest, are you aware that Translink quotes your trip from Maroochydore to Roma at a travelling time of about 2:45 one way?

Everyone else in Brisbane, this rain is really becoming a pain in the .... I remember arriving in May last year to rain. Please tell me it is going to stop sometime soon?

Edited by cmh

Ok now I'm confused, I thought that Roma St Parklands was in Brisbane or was I just reading the previous posts wrong?

Yes it is in Brisbane CBD, I used the Translink website to get the calculation. Maroochydore is some distance away.

Ok seeing that everyone is occupied until it seems 16 April. why don't we aim for 27 or 28 April (FREEdom day for us out of SA....)??

Let's keep it at Roma Street Parklands in the cbd - any other suggestions are welcome of course :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Let's all book the date in advance!!

Who's in??

Hey Lynnie

We are definitely in. Either day at this stage will suit us and I really like Roma Street Parkland's from what Fish has posted. Guess we will have to drive seeing as though the train trip is 2 hrs 45 mins.

Ja - dit is nogal ver van Maroochydoore af....

Maybe we should consider Scarborough or Shornecliffe?

So far who is coming:

Lynnie & family

HEOJJ, OYBR and Jess

Hopefully the other Brisbanites can make it too :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

I don't mind the distance, can get to see the country side on the way there.

• Like 1

Ok - let's keep it then for Roma - we love it there as well :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Now what about the date - does 27 or 28 April suit everyone?

We will keep both days open so what ever the majority vote is we will fall in with those plans. Is the Sunday not a better option though in terms of parking and crowds? Already getting excited about the prospect of seeing Brisbane and meeting everyone.

Roma is central for everyone in the Brisbane central region. The ladies not working will try to meet 4 coffee once a month in CBD as long as any 2 can make it's a standing arrangement, for the bigger community there will be a bring and braai every quarter or so just to give it more commitment. Want anders kom ons nerens nie. Will speak to the folks who ran or run SA club as to ins and outs.

Ok - let's make it then for the 28th at 9.30 am by the kiddies playground - once again: keep an eye out for the BULLS flag :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

May: why do you want to get the ins and outs from the SA club, surely it is not so difficult to organise a picnic? I attended some of their "get-togethers" and to be honest it was very disappointing and I was completely put off by them :whome: :whome: :whome:

I am just trying to find a date that will suit most people and book it in advance. Everyone brings their own picnic gear etc.

Ok so far we have:

Lynnie & Family

HEOJJ & Familty

Sharon?

Fish?

May?

Tati?

Darkwing?

Cmh?

I can't think now of the others...

Edited by Lynnie

OK, so we have a date. When I get to work and am on my PC I will add the date to the events calendar. What about Eager2go, I will send them a message and see if they are game.

Thanks Lynnie. I'll bring a (what's the QLD team again?) flag with. :P:whome:

OK, so we have a date. When I get to work and am on my PC I will add the date to the events calendar. What about Eager2go, I will send them a message and see if they are game.

Thanks Lynnie. I'll bring a (what's the QLD team again?) flag with. :P:whome:

Watch it HEOJJ!!! Daar is net EEN span en dit is die BULLE :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Personally I would prefer the 27th as the 28th is our wedding anniversary - not too romantic getting together with all of you :whome:

• Like 1

Hi folks

Been in Brisbane 3 weeks now and move to my new home in north lakes next week. I will definitely try and make it. Have noted both the days.

Have a great weekend all........and yes, lets hope the rain is going to let up soon!!!! Only seen the sun 3 times since I landed! :o

Wendy

Hi all. Are we going to move it to Saturday, 27 March so that Sharon can also be there? Although Sharon I'm sure we could arrange a roaring party to celebrate. :whome::P

• Like 1

Hi All. We would also love to join if it is still on Sunday, can't do Saterday.

We landed in Brisbane on Wendsday evening and are absolutely loving it :)

Edited by Tisha