" No thanks, I'm emmigrating!"

elliemellie

i also started using that line, even before we started with our paper work, works very well, more people should use that line even if they not immagrating :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Its great line for telesales people trying to sell you all those extras you don't want or need or can't afford...loved being able to say those magic words!

congratulations!! :magic:

Edited by Sunnyskies

The problem is when the telemarketer is all like "eh but why eh it's such eh great country here why would you want to leave?"

:rolleyes:

I give no explanation: just a friendly (and very firm) - it is just their job after all - No thanks, goodbye "click" phone down

I have discovered that when I want to cancel something (like a telkom line) this is a very handy line to use.

Telkom retentions department try very hard to keep you us a customer until they offer you free transferal of your land line and you agree, ask for confirmation of this in writing and when they ask for the address to transfer the line to and you give a random address in say Brisbane, (and I say yes that's Brisbane Australia) they change their tune very quickly and say "we will cancel the line immediately sir". I just had to laugh.

You have to be careful though because as soon as you tell say your estate agent, the value of you house suddenly falls through the floor.

• 2 weeks later...