rozellem

Ok, I might be VERY premature here, as we are only going there tonight but, I have high hopes. www.borrusos.com/eatinmenu.php Its a pizza/pasta restaurant in Northbridge (Sydney) owned by the same guys that run Lucky Tsotsi, our great little slice of RSA in Sydney. And for crying out loud, they have PEPPADEWS on the pizza I have in my sights, can only be a good sign, right? We have been looking for a great pizza in Sydney for almost 4 years, had one for a while but they sold up and standards seriously dropped with new owners. We find it funny that for a nation with a huge Italian population, that they often dish up yucky, stodgy, American inspired, thick base pizzas. The one we had last Fri eve (yes, its a Fri night tradition) was like biting into a thick slice of spongy white bread.

There is so much riding on this :magic: Fingers crossed X

• Like 1

Our search is over. Perfect pizzas, fast, fresh and busy as hell. These guys know about running restaurants and giving people what they want. Recommended :)

• Like 3

We've given up trying to find good pizza in the Sydney Hills. We've bought a pizza stone and make our own homemdade pizzas in the Weber Q. I double the recipe for the base, which makes 6 pizzas. I freeze the dough together with my homemade tomato paste. Gone are the days of thick crusts, 'soggy in the centre' pizzas. We love our homemade pizzas, where we can decide what and how much topping we want. I'll definitely not go back to buying pizzas again!

• Like 1

Yes, sadly there's no decent pizza in the hills. But if you get tired of making your own, go to La Disfida in Haberfield and your pizza dreams will come true. Also try Cappello in Balmain east and Rosso Pomodoro in Balmain. There are some highly rated pizzerias in the east as well, such as Pizza Mario in Surry Hills, although I haven't been there yet. Don't give up, they're out there!

Hey,

Our favorite pizza place in Cape town was Borrusos! They were down the road from us and we went there often. They made the most amazing pizzas.

Always wanted to try the one out in Sydney, but never got round to it.

My wife is actually friends with the owner, who i think runs the one in Sydney.

Enjoy,

Robbie

Our favorite pizza place in Cape town was Borrusos! They were down the road from us and we went there often. They made the most amazing pizzas.

Always wanted to try the one out in Sydney, but never got round to it.

My wife is actually friends with the owner, who i think runs the one in Sydney.

Robbie, never been to the Cape Town one, but I am sure they are equally as good. Completely yum and so busy. Glad they are a huge success here too. You and your family should try and get to Lucky Tsotsi before you head off to Adelaide. Go for Sun lunch with the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

My cousin owns the Borusso's in Rondebosch :)

He's now also started "Eat out the Box" (in Claremont and Plumstead) which is gourmet takeaway.

Nom nom nom