Small/country towns

STP

Wow, nice thread :)

I was thinking about going to Adelaide for the "smaller" city feel but the Queensland surrounds look awesome... now I'm back to wanting to go to Brisbane..

:)

@Fish and Bob. I think you guys can start a tourism-type company. I even have a name for it: How about "TravelAusity"? ;)

Could you possibly comment on Tweed Shire? When we move, the only people we'll know in Australia will be in Brisbane, so we don't want to live too far away from them, but we would like to live in a quieter coastal town than the Gold Coast. Had a look (on Google Maps) at Kingscliff, but it looks quite expensive (beautiful seaside homes). Obviously where I find work will influence our final choice (I'm a high school teacher) as well as price. Thanks!

Hi OYBR

I took a look on Realestate.com to see where these towns are and although they are closer to BNE, they seem to fall into NSW. Just be aware of this regarding your teacher's registration admin.

I recently bought one of those property investment magazines and they mention Mermaid Beach as a hotspot for rental returns. I just though it was a pretty name so I went to look at it & I see it's near where you are looking, but falls in Qld.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

@Bronwyn. I'm aware that it's in NSW. Busy registering with QLD teachers college as it is accepted in NSW, although not visa versa. Keeping my options open for both states.

@Bronwyn. I'm aware that it's in NSW. Busy registering with QLD teachers college as it is accepted in NSW, although not visa versa. Keeping my options open for both states.

Ahhhh I see. Didn't realise that, but good to know.

I was pleasantly surprised at house prices down there and it looks very pretty :)

• 3 years later...

Thanks for sharing, absolutely stunning pics