Moving Dogs

ShazPas

I sometimes wonder if it's really worth it, especially since "pet-friendly" rentals seem to be a bit of a rarity.

I think we will most likely first park the doggies with my MIL and then if we can find suitable accommodation, then we will bring them over via Keringa.

I hate that the people are making a killing on transporting pets to other destinations. Considering the flight tickets are way more than ours, and that they do not fly sedated as they cannot have someone on the plane to look after them during the flight. :(

I have spoken to the vet, and my 3 will go for their microchips on Friday

The cost of a microchip is R 237 per animal (the 15 digit one)

Their annual injections are R 339 per animal and then the 2 cats need to go for a booster in a month's time for R 290 each

The problem I have is that quarantine requires the rabies shot to be done AFTER the microchip but my Scottie got her annual rabies shot 2 weeks ago and its not good for them to get them closely together, so now I have to contact AQIS and request whether it would be allowed this way or not, or whether she would need another rabies shot and when?

What an experience! When I took out the travel cage this morning the one cat disappeared, so i could only take the other cat and the scotty for their microchips

first said cat (who is still missing by the way) is to report to the vet at 5pm this afternoon. More fun and games for later today

At the vet all went well until she took out the needle for the microchip. It is HUGE, and by huge I mean really huge! My 9 year old daughter fainted...she was as white as a sheet and had to lie down on a little bunk. But other than that it went ok, they are now microchipped!

Now we have some time to search for the other cat.... :glare:

Edited by Toitjie

Good luck :)