Jhb Get Together - 6th October 2012

miraclebabycaw

Starting this early so hopefully we will have a lot of people who see this and join us this time. We had a small but really nice get together on the 2nd June. Wanting to do one more before the year end hits and a lot of people make the move in Dec and Jan 2013. We need a child friendly place so a Spur or something similar which has place for the kiddos to play and where all the parents can just get together and chat and meet others also going/ in the process of going.

I am also starting this early so people can put it in their Calendars up front.

Suggestions on places would be great especially if we can find something inbetween North and South and East and West.

Mikes' Kitchen in Parktown was suggested a while back, but I am not sure if this has a playground for kiddos...alternatively a Big Wimpy or Spur, Dros??? I live in the South of Jhb so only really know places this side.

Pretoria guys might want to come as well.

Pop a note on here if you are interested in attending and I will try keep it all co-ordinated.

Thanks

Shona

We would like to join as well. What about the botanical gardens and a picnic as previously arranged by Annelie Siemens?

If we are still here then it will be an option.

Keep in touch

What about Pappachinos Clearwater. Their food is devine and has a lovely playground for the kids.

• Like 1

We would like to join as well. What about the botanical gardens and a picnic as previously arranged by Annelie Siemens?

I agree. The botanical gardens worked really well last time. If you're at a restaurant then you're stuck at your seat and you don't have the opportunity to mingle with people, especially if it's a large group. Also, for most restaurants you have to book in advance which means newcomers who would also like to come, cannot join the group on the spur of the moment.

• Like 1

Sounds great...although there is not much for kiddies to do at the botanical gardens but they can run themselves ragged and tire themselves out LOL. Keep it coming all!!!

I have added this to the forum calendar

• Like 1

Must agree with the suggestion for the Botanical Gardens - worked very well.

Pity we won't be able to join this one - fly out next Friday

• Like 1

yipppppeeeee,looks like we going to have a good one this time guys..ok Botanical gardens it is..how about some suggestions for an indoor place incase it rains? probably not likely but JIC

Is it the botanical gardens in Roodepoort or the one in Emmerentia?

Roodepoort...

Would love to join! Will keep the date open.

Yip a good picnic at the roodepoort botanical gardens is on the cards. Just praying for a bright and sunny day because last thing we need is rain. If it rains we'll have to find somwhere to go. Braai might be a bit harder to organise, but maybe people can just bring their own skottles and go from there. loos like we are going to have a great turnout. can't wait all

• Like 1

still to be decided but I would say around 11am?..recognition..still working on that