KZN Coffee club meet - August 2012?

dazzmatazz

Hi All

Are there any of you out there who are still in Durbs or surrounds but are about to or are planning to make the long hop across the ocean? We are hopefully Perth bound late 1st quarter next year.

I stay in the Musgrave area but wandering if there is any interest at an informal get together in August.

Post if you keen.

Darren

well done Darren, I hope you get a good response, another way of getting the attention of KZN'rs is to go through the members and see who is in KZN and PM them as they might not be frequenting the forum for various reasons.

Looking forward to seeing who is going to join you. :)

T

• Like 1

Hi Darren

I'm interested in a KZN get together.

I'm in Durban North

Come on KZN! Let's meet up.

Hi Darren

I am also leaving for Perth and would like to get together. I live in Durban North

Regards,

Judy

Great, it will be good if we get some more. We can start looking at a date and time nearer to the end of July for say mid August.

Even if its just a few of us that is still good.

Hi all

we are still here, we would love to meet, except we are busy till the 22nd of Aug. anytime after that is superb.

Thanks

Great stuff Darren

I chickened out of a couple of the KZN coffee clubs - finally built up courage to go and met a load of great people - and wished I had met some of the previous folks.

So if you are lurking on the thread wondering should you shouldn't you - be brave!

• Like 1

Though I started this thread it is open to all. I was thinking maybe Saturday 25th August 2012 in the afternoon, say 15h00.

Durban north could be a good bet as it easy for myself and "FLockie" to make the short trek across the Umgeni river.

We have 2 young children so was thinking a nice place with an outside play area. My wife suggested @Tap in Durban north (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tap-Coffee-Corner/228784147240366). It is quiet so conversations are easy and the kids can play within eye site. Other suggestions are more than welcome and we could have it wherever.

I am very fortunate that I have quite a bit of family, including my older brother and his family in Perth already. So it is going to be a bit easier for us to go. I have also "introduced" myself to a whole network of guys in Perth through my passion of spearfishing (done through a very active WA spearing forum). So when we arrive I will have it a bit easier than some. My wife on the other hand will be leaving her family behind and only knows one person in Perth (mutual friend from varsity days) so these coffee clubs could be a great way to make the move that bit easier as the stress is at least "shared" with others and no doubt some great friendships may be forged. So come and join us.

I am also a compulsive researcher and have spent hours reading up to understand the visa rules, so if you are wanting to go but have not applied for a visa you welcome to come along too. I am NOT a migration agent but will be happy to answer any questions if I can.

Hi

A coffee club meeting sounds like a good idea. We are leaving for Adelaide early Jan 2013 so it would be really nice to chat and share experiences etc.

I am not familiar with the Dbn North area, we are south of Durban in Glenwood.

Neither myself nor my husband have any family or friends in Adelaide so it is a huge leap of faith into the unknown for us, especially with 2 children at school as well.

Come on, lets get together and share.

C U all soon!

Hi

A coffee club meeting sounds like a good idea. We are leaving for Adelaide early Jan 2013 so it would be really nice to chat and share experiences etc.

I am not familiar with the Dbn North area, we are south of Durban in Glenwood.

Neither myself nor my husband have any family or friends in Adelaide so it is a huge leap of faith into the unknown for us, especially with 2 children at school as well.

Come on, lets get together and share.

C U all soon!

You could meet up with us, we probably live about 5kms or so from you.

I know some saffas in Adelaide and I am sure there would be many other on this forum who live in that area.

Thanks

Dazz

Hi Goingsouth

I'm in the same boat as you.

We've got SA SS and know no one in Oz.

Hope to see you at the get together.

• 2 weeks later...

August is apon us, I still dont have my visa yet but hope this is going to be the month.

Seems like it is just the few of us but that is just fine. Will send pm to all of you and we can confrim a date, time and place for the Durban meet.

• Like 1

Hi there, we just received our ACT SS in July 12, we are going over in October to activate our Visa,

We also live in Durban North ( Glenashley ) would love to meet up with everyone.

• Like 4

Has the place, time being set yet can't wait to met up.

Has the place, time being set yet can't wait to met up.

Great for you Shaz. We also got our WA SS 176 visa granted today. Very happy as well. Sat 25 August at a place called @Tap in Durban North (See post #8 above for more details on location). I was thinking round 14h00. This is of course open to suggestions so if you think of anything else pelase let us know.

Bring on Perth in early 2013.

• Like 1

Hi there

Hope to meet all you guys. We have our visas since April last year. Done our LSD. Also have family over in Perth.

Ciao for now.

• Like 1

Congrats Dazzmatazz, now all the planing begins, will see you @ tap on the 25th.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

So sorry but I just got confirmation that @Tap are only open till 13h00 on a Saturday.

We can go earlier maybe at 11h30 but it is late notice. Or are there some other suggestions for alternative venues in Durban North?

Feedback please.

Thanks

Darren

Thanks for the responses Shaz.

I would like to do 11h30 at @Tap. My only concern was that people might have had school sports to attend to or that sort of thing in the morning.

I actually found out that my wife had a band practice at 14h00 (that is why I should always speak to her before I make plans).

I hope that's cool with everyone :)

See you all at 11h30.

Cool, it seems like 11h30 will be on, venue is @Tap, 20 Mackeurtan Avenue, Durban North (Very close to Northwood boys High school, Oscars restaurant). I will send out PM's to all who have posted on this thread but all welcome so any new people are more than welcome.

Looking forward to it.

Darren

Edited by dazzmatazz

Hi everyone. We live in Toti and would like to join you on saterday. We are not to fimiliar with durban. Can you please tell me how far from Toti this place is where everyones meeting up? Thank you Renee