Military discharge papers

Herman Leach

About 18 months ago someone posted telephone numbers in Pretoria of ladies we could contact in order to get military discharge papers from SA. Can anyone please help - I need it quite urgently for our PR application.

Thanx

Herman Leach

dod_dps_perssep@telkomsa.net

Petro Beukes is the ladies name.

Send a copy of your ID, postal address and your forcenumber if you remember. It can take awhile.

Edited by bbop

Magni, anyone who has done any sort of military service needs it, regardless if it was compulsory or not.

Actually you do not need it if you were just in conscription i.e. your 2 years military service as done pre 1994. You only need it if you were a member of the forces voluntarily.

I needed it for my 457 as well but was told that if it was national service, I can just go to the local SAPS office and sign a sworn affidavit that my military service was indeed natioanl call up. DIAC accepted it

Agree with Miraclebabycaw. My husband only did his one year service (non-voluntary) and therefore did not need to do it. Read the form carefully.

Actually you do not need it if you were just in conscription i.e. your 2 years military service as done pre 1994. You only need it if you were a member of the forces voluntarily.

Hi Miraclebaby

Why do you think this is only for voluntary service? I just took a look at the Diac website & it still seems to be a requirement on a Form 1276 (App for General Skilled Migration) Question 83.

The question asks whether you or anyone else in the application has ever served in the armed forces. If yes, you have to provide evidence of service, rank, & rank on discharge.

I remember we had to get my DH's

Did something change?

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

I did two years voluntary and my husband was compulsory. We both needed it.

My husband also did 2 years military service and so did others I know that are over in Oz already. We were never asked to attach anything surrounding his service..we just wrote conscription on the forms. Maybe it depends on the CO again, but we were never asked for it. I remember on one of the forms (and I can't remember which one..it did state something about military service and did say only if not conscription).

ok edited to add on form 80 under employment history we listed dates and employer as SANDF and under type of business we listed conscription. Form 80 also asks the question:

33 Have you ever served in the military, either for your own country or

another country that was not considered mandatory service? to which we replied no as it was mandatory.

Dunno if that made any difference but we def did not need the service records for our application and it was approved.

Edited by miraclebabycaw

Again agree with above. We didn't need to do it and we are here.

I mailed the Department of Defence directly from their email address on their website.

I got this reply.

Good day,

Please contact the DOD Documentation Centre for assistance - sandfdoc@mweb.co.za

Regards

Army HQ (e-mail office)

Still can't understand why the military has .icon.co.za or mweb.co.za mail addresses.

My husband also did 2 years military service and so did others I know that are over in Oz already. We were never asked to attach anything surrounding his service..we just wrote conscription on the forms. Maybe it depends on the CO again, but we were never asked for it. I remember on one of the forms (and I can't remember which one..it did state something about military service and did say only if not conscription).

There has ben lots of inconsistency around this. Some people get asked nothing, not even discharge papers, some people are asked details of units and commanding officers.

A more complete answer from them...

Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:48 AM

To: rac@terrafutan.net

Subject: RE: Military Discharge Papers

Good Day

For Discharge Certificates, letter of non obligation, information on former members or force numbers, the Defence Archives keeps all these records and can be contacted on sandfdoc@mweb.co.za or (012) 339-4600 / 322-6350.

You will need to provide:

Full names

Certified copy of ID

Force number

When and where you served

Contact details

Postal address

Regards

Info Centre

Department of Defence

Directorate Corporate Communication

Tel (012) 355-6321/6372

Fax (012) 355-6398

Edited by Terrafutan

dod_dps_perssep@telkomsa.net

Petro Beukes is the ladies name.

Send a copy of your ID, postal address and your forcenumber if you remember. It can take awhile.

I emailed Mrs Petro Beukes about 3 weeks ago. I did not send any ID copies and my husband cannot remember his forcenumber. The only info I send was: My husband's full names, ID number and postal address for the document to be send to. Petro emailed me yesterday to say that the document was send off :ilikeit:

As mentioned some where else on the forum, Mrs Beukes is realy very helpfull!!!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Confirmation PLS

Is the info above still relevant and does anyone have anything new to post here?

• 6 years later...
On 7/12/2012 at 2:12 AM, Terrafutan said:

I mailed the Department of Defence directly from their email address on their website.

I got this reply.

Good day,

Please contact the DOD Documentation Centre for assistance - sandfdoc@mweb.co.za

Regards

Army HQ (e-mail office)

Still can't understand why the military has .icon.co.za or mweb.co.za mail addresses.

Hi. Looking for military discharge papers. I read a post of yours from a few years back but the contact details have changed. Can you assist please. Im in Australia busy with 186 PR application and the dept of immigration requires this.

Thank in advance