Looking for Cape Town buddies.......

Nikita93

HI there

In Milnerton Ridge in CT and looking for friendys in the emigration process so we can compare notes and share timelines...... It's all I think about these days and would be nice to share.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so where are you all from and how far along in the process are you? Maybe we can meet at Canal Walk sometime - might be halfway between? We going on 176 visa app through hubby's IT skills. Applying to Vic. Hoping to lodge visa in next 3 weeks or so.

Hi Nikita

I'm from Durbanville area. We are going on 175 with hubby's IT skills. We now need to submit our PC, medicals and our new son's unabridged birth certificate ASAP to our CO. I'm trying to get that done while on maternity leave now.

Hi

Can you guys believe it, I just got robbed while walking to the Spar about 500m away from my house. This while I have my 5 year old son and 2 month old baby with me. They stole my money and my phone. I'm just so shocked! You hear about these things and we had buglaries before, but never thought that I'd get mugged in a busy road, in front of other people. I guess I was an easy target. Just shows you, never say it will never happen to you.

That is terrible news :-( So sorry to hear about it and sorry for the late response. Did the kids pick up anything? Hope you guys are all ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikita93,

I only saw your post now. We are fine thanks, my 5 year old just want to shoot the bad guys, but other than that we're going on as usual. It is actually sad that we just accept these kinds of things as "normal" things, to be expected since you were a soft target. The days of sending one's kids to the shop around the corner are long gone. They can't be free as what we use to be.

Anyway, we are fine, but it just made be realise the quicker we get out of here the better.

Good idea - anyone planning on going to Perth? We are leaving end of year.

• 6 months later...

Hey, have you arrived and settled into Perth as yet?

We have been in Sydney since 2007 and now we are moving to Perth in a week or so. Did you move with your family?

Hi Capetonians - for those of you still here, we have just started our process and are applying for the 190. We are busy with our skills assessment for hubby who has to do a trade certificate with TRA/Vetassess.

We are based in Somerset West, but can always catch up over a weekend if any of you are still around?

There are two other couples/families that I know of from this area who would also be to keen to have a coffee catch up.

Good luck in the interim with all the processing!!

• 3 months later...

Hi!!! Please let me know when you are planning a CT get together! I would love to be there. We are in Big Bay... :D

Hi ya Mittwelt - ourselves and another family from Somerset West are always meeting up, so the more the merrier - perhaps we can rendezvoux somewhere in the middle sometime on the weekend?

Hi TQO! Thanks for responding. We would love to join your get together's! We won't be able to meet up this weekend, but definitely the one after. Please let me know when and where and we will be there.

I will pm you ASAP with deets :)

Let me know where and when maybe we will join. How about Century City ?

Hi,

I'm from Stellenbosch - would also like to talk to everyone busy in there process - please keep me in the loop for the get-together

Hi there. Sianvz is also in stellies, so we will try and incorporate everyone at a suitable venue, soon as we can :)

• Like 1

Hi we are in Tableview and would love to meet up with you guys in the near future.

Hi! That's great. We should arrange for the weekend of 17, 18, 19 May! Let me know. We live in Big Bay!