New South African Restaurant in Sydney

Beebop24

Wish they would open 1 in Perth....

Rumour has it a new cafe/ Saffa shop will be openning in Perth Joondalup around December... From the sounds of it will be lekker soos a cracker...

Viva the Bunny Chow!

• 2 weeks later...

So, we went to Lucky Tsotsi Shebeen and Bar last night. I came home and wrote a 'review' on this very page. While probably still under the influence of my share of a very nice bottle of Pinotage, (or was it the Don Pedro?), I had a finger malfunction and wiped the whole lot. Probably for the best. Now, in the light of day, with only so much as a bit of 'droogies' and the fact that I cant even look at food yet, I will give it another go.

What a lovely place. Owned by 3 South Africans and a token Aussie. On vibey Oxford Street, opposite that University of Notre Dame Australia. Nice little corner spot, all done out in Township chic. Has two floors, both with bars, you order from the counter and grab your own plates. The food come out in tapas style wooden boards and bowls and everybody tastes and shares (if you want :boxing: ). They have the food completely spot on. The drinks list will also not disappoint. They have lovely RSA wines and beers, Savanas etc. Sounds like they are more popular than even they could predict, as they have run out of some wines all ready. They buy in the boerewors and biltong from a butcher and a RSA lady in Sydney makes the GREAT samosas for them. Glad they accepted their strengths and stuck to what they do best. The chips were good, although not proper 'slap'. They would probably have been too weird for the locals. Peri peri chicken wings were great, as were the ribs, salad, Don Pedro, etc. Will have to go back for the OBS, Springbokkies, chicken livers, boerewors, etc. The staff were friendly and wide awake.

The patrons were a mix of RSA and the world. We sat close to the door, so I could see people pass, stop and read the menu, walk away and come back a few mins later to eat. I think in the Sydney restaurant world, where people have been there done that, its a welcome change. I just hope people will continue to support them. We are definitely planning our next visit, plus the RSA dinner club we belong to will definitely be going (they just dont know it yet). :whome:

Oh wow after reading all this we are definitely going to give it a go! Chicken livers.... I have missed you. And Savannah.... Yum!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Will deffs be going as soon as I get to Sydney:-)

• 2 months later...

Hey we were at Lucky Totsi Shabeen on Saturday! Just the best :) Now before you go out again come for your hair.I'm in Sydney North...Killara.

Pampa Parlour Hairdressing

1F Greengate Road (opp the Greengate Hotel)...unfortunately not opposite Lucky Totsi :(

Killara

Tel: 9498 1091

We've got a Deal on for October

* Half head foils

* Moisturizing "hot towels" treatment

* Blowave

Value $175 October Deal $69

Trading Hours: Tues,Wed 9am - 6pm Thurs: 9am - 9am Frid: 8am - 6pm Sat: 8am - 4pm

Lots of parking in Greengate Road and just stroll to the salon. No time limits. Great!

Don't message me on the forums because I always seem to miss it for some reason. Just phone the salon for an appointment. 9498 1091. You won't be sorry.

Ingrid