Any Joburgers still around that want to meet up?

miraclebabycaw

Just wondering. I am meeting up hopefully on the 19th May with another lady that is in the process of waiting. We have our 176 visa and are hoping to leave by the end of the year. We are in the South of Johannesburg and looking to meet up for coffee somewhere with other couples also making the move.

Anyone have ideas on dates/where ?

I won't be able to make it, but here is some advice. If you send a vague invitation, no-one responds. Decide on a date and a venue (preferably somewhere children can play so that the grown-ups can chat in peace) and time and post it in coffee clubs. Then meet up and have a great time. We have had 2 successful ones this year so far.

Good luck! :D

• Like 1

Just wondering. I am meeting up hopefully on the 19th May with another lady that is in the process of waiting. We have our 176 visa and are hoping to leave by the end of the year. We are in the South of Johannesburg and looking to meet up for coffee somewhere with other couples also making the move.

Anyone have ideas on dates/where ?

Hi,

Congratulations!!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: Wish it were us........

We're in the South of Joburg - Have just started with Skills Assessment so we're still a long way from VISA. The 19th is bit tight for me - let me know if you can make another date....... if not let me know the time and date and we'll see if we can cram it in......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hartnell

We have moved things around due to illness etc..will be posting another post.. If you can - 2 June 2012 at the White House in the South of Jhb.. PM me if you can make it or leave me a note and I will send directions/address

Regards

Shona

• 9 months later...

Hi I also live I'm jhb south.

I see these posts were from 2012 . Are any of you still here for advise or have you already moved ?

Hi I also live I'm jhb south.

I see these posts were from 2012 . Are any of you still here for advise or have you already moved ?

We are still here ()OnYellowBrickRd's hubby) and I think hartell as well mut miraclebabycaw is in Adelaide already. I am not sure if we are going to be able to make another coffee meet because we have very little time left here but you are welcome to PM us if you have any questions.

Hi

I am from Joburg South. We are busy collecting all our supporting docs to submit an EOI (Expression of interest). We hope to be in Oz for Jan 2015.

If you have any q's or wanna do coffee sometime we can make a plan. WHere in the south are you? I am in Meyersdal (Alberton)

Bri

Hi bri

That's fantastic. We also looking around then too. We also in Meyersdal. I think once we go to an information seminar in April we can meet ? Which state or city are you keen on ?

Hi bri

That's fantastic. We also looking around then too. We also in Meyersdal. I think once we go to an information seminar in April we can meet ? Which state or city are you keen on ?

Where / when is this seminar? Sounds interesting.

We looking at depending on availabilty of jobs of course...

- Melbourne

- Brisbane

- Adelaide

However, we have not been to Oz yet. We plan to apply for the visa, hopefully get it (Skilled Migrant PR Visa 189) and then kill 2 birds with one stone and do an LSD trip in conjunction with an " activation of visa" trip. We gonna also look at Perth and Sydney to make sure we have given a fair view to all major areas. We just feel drawn to Melbourne...not sure why.

Where / when is this seminar? Sounds interesting.We looking at depending on availabilty of jobs of course...- Melbourne- Brisbane- AdelaideHowever, we have not been to Oz yet. We plan to apply for the visa, hopefully get it (Skilled Migrant PR Visa 189) and then kill 2 birds with one stone and do an LSD trip in conjunction with an " activation of visa" trip. We gonna also look at Perth and Sydney to make sure we have given a fair view to all major areas. We just feel drawn to Melbourne...not sure why.

The seminar is at the michelagelo in sandton on the 18 April. You need to go onto immagine immigration and apply to attend but dont worrk its easy to get an invite you just need to fill iin your professions. It's a free information evening. We are intending on using an agent but not them specifically we are just going to see what information they present. I have had a specific reference for an agent that We intend to use.

Just interested about the city... Cos we keen on adelaide (my brother- in - law and his partner are there) and I don't see too many people on this forum selecting adelaide. But of course it depends on jobs for us too.

Sounds interesting. Will look into it! Thanks!

We have quite alot of extended family in Brisbane and surrounds. But I am not sure about the weather there...we sort of thought while having family (though not very close family) is a positive...we also don't want to restrict ourselves to a certain city because of some distant family. We cannot expect them to be our automatic "friends" and support group just because we have family ties. They are for the most part practically strangers. So we open to looking at any area based on that thought process.

We used Immagine Immigration and they are excellent. I would recommend them.

We went for a seminar in Feb 2010. After the seminar if you are interested you book a consultation. You pay approx R1000 for this. They look at your specific situation and advise you the following

1. What Visa options are likely to fit you the best?

2. In their opinion do they feel your Visa based on 1 above will be likely to be granted or not

This does come at a cost though. We paid $6400 for their services, but we were happy with the overall service and the result. Got our PR in Dec 2012. If you need info PM me

Thank you very much ! It's good to know but now we have to make a choice .....mmmm... Something to think about. I'll probably pm you once we have attended if I have any questions.

• Like 1

I'd be happy to join you guys if you ever meet up. I've lived in Joburg (Greenside) the past 6 years but am from Melbourne so could give you a bit of an idea about things there. There's also stuff I'd be curious about for if I ever move back :)

Hi LadySnoo and others. We are over in Adelaide now and loving it.

Wow that is quite a hefty amount for a visa company. Weigh your options guys. We used migrate2oz, attended free seminars, had free telephonic consultations and it cost us I think it was about 3700 dollars for the whole process just over a year ago. Worth contacting them as well. Speak to Reuben. He is more than helpful.