Also Looking For Friends In Castle Hill

DaleenB

Hi All,

We moved to Sydney from Brisbane the beginning of February and I am only now experiencing what it is really like to migrate! We moved from Pretoria to Brisbane January 2011 but my brother lived in Brisbane the last 10 years and it was all very easy - they were there to show us everything and invited us over to meet all their friends and we were settled in very quickly!

We had to move to Sydney because of work and now I am really struggling - my kids (or young adults) of 24,22 and twins of 20 decided to stay in Brisbane and for the first time we have no kids in the house - after having 4 of them around us all the time! It is so quiet and we also don't know anyone in Sydney.

I am 48 years old and my husband 51 and we live in Castle Hill, near Castle Towers - I would really love to meet new people. I have never felt so isolated before in my life - it feels as if I left my whole world in Brisbane and I am constantly planning to see if I can go to Brisbane for the weekend - the finances just don't want to allow for visits every weekend!

Really hope we can meet some of the many South Africans here in Castle Hill!

Kind Regards,

Daleen

Hi Daleen,

We're also from Pta and have been here a bit more than 4 years - and yes, the first few months are daunting!

We live in Lane Cove - unfortunately not too close to Castle Hills - but if you'd like to have lunch some time over a weekend, or on my RDO (never the same day of the week) we can make a date! My e-mail address is grobbe@optusnet.com.au! Love to hear from you!

Kind regards

Lizette

Daleen not sure if you attend a church or not. Sisterhood see link http://www2.hillsong.com/women/default.asp?pid=2230 meet every Thursday at 9:30am to 11:30am in Hills at 1-5 Solent Circuit, Norwest Blvd, Baulkham Hills details re Sisterhood http://www2.hillsong.com/women/home.asp You don't have to be a Christian or church member to attend all are welcome. Woman of all shapes and sizes, ages, backgrounds gather together. It a lovely place to meet new friends and be included in the community. Hope this helps.

Hi Lizette, thanks so much - will send you an email - would love to meet over a weekend!

Thanks Sonnetjie - I am a Christian and we love Hillsong Church - I work during the day otherwise I would have loved to go to Sisterhood but we make sure that we attend one of the services on a Sunday. It is an amazing church and I really feel at home - we went to the Moreleta Church in Pretoria and Citipointe in Brisbane and Hillsong is very much the same.

Hi Daleen

My husband and I are in Castle Hill also near Castle Towers and have been in Sydney for just over 3 months now. PM if you would like to get together some time.

Regards

Ushma

Hi Daleen, I'm in the Hills, very close to Hillsong - maybe we could meet up on a Sunday sometime? PM me :)

Hey Daleen,

My hubby's been in Sydney for about 7 weeks and our girls and I joined him on Sunday!! So brand new here :-)

We're not on your side of town, but I do have a car and GPS so would be very happy to adventure over for tea or something if you're keen. We're a bit younger than you with 2 daughters but we do have immigration in common :-)

PM me if you'd like to make a plan to get together.

Sally :-)

Archived