Saffers In Singleton / Maitland / Newcastle - Nsw

Niquea

Hi

We are moving to Maitland surround and was wondering if there are any saffers around in the area? I am not familiar with the area and am hoping to get some guidance from someone about the suburbs.

I have searched on the net and not had much luck yet. With the mines being out in Singleton I was almost certain there should be saffers there.

Look forward to hearing from someone or even having a baai when we get there.

Thanks

Hi there

I am working for a mining company in Brisbane and we have a site in Muswellbrook (close to Singleton) and there are a number of Saffers out in that area, so hopefully you would be able to meet some of them soon.

Are you or one of your family members in the industry as well?

Good luck.

Happy in Brisbane.

Hi

Thanks for replying. Hubby won't be directly employed by a mining company but will be expected to go to the various mines in the area.

I really hope to find some saffers out that way, it just makes moving all that much easier when you can get someones opinion who is familiar with the same interests if you know what I mean.

We will probably be moving to somewhere close to Maitland as the company that hubby will be working for has an office in Singleton and Newcastle. He will be based in Singleton.

If you 'bump' into any saffers out the Hunter valley way please nudge them gently to contact me ;-)

Will certainly do so :). Once you are there - feel free to send me a PM and I will try and put you in touch with a few.

Hi

We moved to Newcastle last July. Was in Sydney for ten years before that. Have been struggling to find Japies here... I have three boys and would love for them to have some Afrikaans playmates. Either way, we are in Hamilton and you are welcome to come over for a visit!

Marilize

• 2 weeks later...

Hi vriende,

Ek het 6 wekke terug geland in Aus van Pretoria. Is n Elektronisie RF engenieur en bly in Caves Beach (net Suid van Belmont), my kantoor is in Cardiff. My vrou en on honde vlieg die 23st Augustus deur.

Ek wil graag pelle maak hier. Waar begin n mens?

Groete Jacques

Greetings

Yeh, what shall I say ? I've been to Maitland maybe twice since I've landed in the Valley. Small place, but not to bad, I personally don't think there is much to do appart from doing the wine routes. I haven't done them my self yet but I beleive its beautifull...so the Aussies say. Maak my so bietjie home sick as ek net aan die Kaap se wynroetes dink.....maar nou ja...the biggest, closest town to Maitland is Newcastle, you most probably know that already. Ek kan seker nie praat van klein dorpies nie.....Salamander Bay is ook maar n 1 Horse Town ...lol.

Hope you guys setlle in well.

Archived