View New Content

Heymanse

Question

I would normally click on "View New Content" to keep track of the latest topics and discussions. The past 2 days, however, whenever I click on "View New Content" I keep getting a response "Sorry, no new content found" even though I can see that new content has been added to the Forum.

Please advise what, if any, I'm doing wrong????

8 answers to this question

On the left hand side of the results of new content page you will see further options:

By category:

Members

Forum

Calendar

By time period

Content I have not read

New since my last visit

Past 24 hours

Past week

etc

etc

My guess is that you have selected new members as category or something like that. click on forum and select the time period you want to view.

What was the default time period setting for the old site? I preferred the way that worked and can't seem to find any setting similar

The only option on the previous version was "new since my last visit".

The site seems to be very slow or am I imagining thoings. Getting timeout errors etc

On the left hand side of the results of new content page you will see further options:

By category:

Members

Forum

Calendar

By time period

Content I have not read

New since my last visit

Past 24 hours

Past week

etc

etc

My guess is that you have selected new members as category or something like that. click on forum and select the time period you want to view.

I've doubled checked everything, but cannot seem to find the reason for not being able to view New Content. If I do click on New Content, on the left hand side the following are selected:

Forums

New Since last visit

Just items I follow

What happens if you click on forums? Still nothing?

The last option of Just items I follow, would only show results for threads that you subscribe to obviously, but in your settings you can choose not to subscribe to posts that you have posted in. So if you have that option in your settings, in effect you are not following anything despite having posted in a thread. Alternatively, maybe there are no new posts for content that you are following!

Uncheck that option - not by clicking another option but by clicking the same one again so that none of the bottom three are selected.

so in other words, only filter by forums and New since my last visit.

Thanks everyone for the help! I've finally seemed to have it fixed - followed your advice Jordy and finally all is working fine again - thanks! :ilikeit:

Archived