Kzn Coffee Club 2012

Orion25

Hi There,

Me here again, well I am in Oz now so have been waiting eagerly to see who will be arranging the next KZN get together, and nothing!!! :o

So here is a challenge to someone out there still in KZN, when are you going to make a plan, we miss you all and loved the get togethers, so have fun.

We are watching this space :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Tania

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok lets try again.

Made contact with a Saffer waiting to pt out the lights when they leave KZN :whome: - So Annabel Summers I pass the coffee club torch on, there must be plenty of you out there requiring some, support and contact.

The pre- arrival contact made us good friends when we arrived so we didn't feel so alone when we arrived in OZ.

Come on forumites. Take a chance. :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Hi there...so, any Kzn or Durbanites in Canberra? Keen to meet for coffee or a drink?

• Like 2

Hi Rosie

There are quite a few of us here, always nice to meet more. See you landed Feb so welcome to Canberra.

We do have a Coffee Club and you can find us on Facebook under "Canberra Coffee Club", we get together once a month which was last week but always keen for a cuppa and to meet new people. Which side of town are you on?

Wade

Awesome! We are up Belconnen end...but enjoy visiting allarts of ACT. Will log into the FB site to get some news.

Anyone know of a good store where we can buy a variety of items? I heard there was one out near the airport. They are similar to Makro in SA but don't know the name.

• 1 month later...

Another Durbanite awaiting PR visa for the big move. 176 SS aplied for on 28/06.

Its quite sad that no one left in Durbs wants to organise a Coffee Club. I have made many friends this way and it is those people that have made such a diference to our life for the past ten days. Arriving in a new country is not for sissies. These friends are there to help as they know exactly what you are going through. To organise a coffee club is no big deal. You set the date and the venue, get a feel for how many will be there and make a booking. In the past we have used Burgess Nursery in Westville and Piggly Wiggly in Kloof. Both great venues and central for those coming from up the hill. Some travel from PMB and even Newcastle. I hope someone takes up the challenge!

• Like 1

Its quite sad that no one left in Durbs wants to organise a Coffee Club. I have made many friends this way and it is those people that have made such a diference to our life for the past ten days. Arriving in a new country is not for sissies. These friends are there to help as they know exactly what you are going through. To organise a coffee club is no big deal. You set the date and the venue, get a feel for how many will be there and make a booking. In the past we have used Burgess Nursery in Westville and Piggly Wiggly in Kloof. Both great venues and central for those coming from up the hill. Some travel from PMB and even Newcastle. I hope someone takes up the challenge!

Hi Sharon,

I totally agree, I hope to see someone take up the banner to organise a coffee club.

T

Hi Sharon,

I totally agree, I hope to see someone take up the banner to organise a coffee club.

T

I know that the value of the info I have received from different online forums during the stressful process that I am still going through (Visa not yet granted but hoping to be soon) has been very helpful.

If there is interest out there for an informal get together I would be more than happy to try make some arrangements. I would put a post and see if any one is keen.