Checking Status Of Police Clearance

SANZOZ

We arranged for courier collection of our certificates via PostNet, but apparently the office in Pretoria has told them that they're only able to collect on Thursday, because they have a limited amount of allocated collections per day, and the next open spot is only on Thursday. Does this apply to courier collections only? Has anyone else had this experience?

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this link : got an error message - hope it's only temporary. Anyone else experienced this?

404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

• 4 months later...

As far as I know, only for those over 18 years old.

• 2 months later...

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModules/internetSite/beh_cert_search.asp

Upon spending about half an hour on hold and getting cut off I finally got hold of a person who had interpersonal and communication skills of a teaspoon BUT he gave me this link. Actually he just told me that "somewhere" on the SAPS website you can put your ID number in and find out what the status is.

At least now I can check this weekly until something happens!

Just to let you all know that I just checked this link and it no longer exists! :angry2:

UPDATE: I made a mistake, the link above http://www.saps.gov....certificate.php does work!

Edited by StephenR

• 2 weeks later...

Thx, this helps a lot

Edited by Eduan

The website above is by far the most efficient. Our timeline:

applied for PCC's by hand in Pretoria on 1 Oct, updated on the website 3 Oct. Got an sms from SAPS to say application received 20 October.

Finalized PCC status updated on website 29 October, collected on 30 October. SMS from SAPS 2 Nov.

So their system does work, it's just not very fast. And I see my PCC does not include my maiden name. Agent hasn't said anything and I haven't mentioned it, so holding thumbs it is acceptable.

I've heard sometimes the CO asks, and sometimes not.

Good morning everyone, need your help so we re-applied for our pcc via courier and my pcc was addressed as Mr instead of Mrs so sent it back to them via email and it was corrected same day problem came when it was time to collect was given a reference number to collect with they refused and wanted a receipt instead and l don't have any. How do l go about it? Thank you

Edited by Chips

That is exactly what happened to us when we wanted to collect. The guy behind the counter was also extremely rude to us as it was after hours.

I don't know how one can give a receipt if you paid via eft, for example.

This is what I told the guy behind the counter and somehow as soon as his supervisor came out he assisted us.

Maybe you should give them a call Monday and ask them what you should do?

Edited by Peanuts

Thanx Peanuts will try that, really didn't know whatelse to do.

Mine also said Mr instead of Ms or Mrs. Also had to get it redone. Also had the rudest response to an after hours collection. -> Better motivation to move away from the South African 'system'.

• Like 1

You can say that again RedPanda really frustrated.

• Like 1

I've made use of DocAssist to get hold of our PCCs.

Mine was perfect, my wife's not so much. They spelled her current surname wrong.

DocAssist got the incorrect PCC on 28/10/2015 and up until today they haven't got the new one.

Their reply was that you apparently can't just get the corrected one printed immediately anymore. Something about checking the correct info on the SAPS side.

My wife is thinking of going to fetch the incorrect one and correcting it ourselves.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? We're a bit antsy since these are our last documents.

Are we being overly hasty and over-stressing the situation?

Hie Wallyengles had the same problem too mine was written Mr instead of Mrs so l sent it back to them via email and it was corrected same day, sent someone to keep it up and that person couldn't because they wanted a slip so don't worry it can be corrected and they are fast too.

Edited by Chips

• 2 weeks later...

Hi so sorry if this has been discussed already.

I'm wondering I see a few post saying you can collect the PPC after hours, is this still the case?

I'm also worried about my wife's PPC as we requested them to put her maiden name on as well, if you receive it and is incorrect can you request a reprint? and how long does this take?

What is the latest time frame for the PPC as it is almost December and then nothing gets done?

• 1 month later...

My husbands one says dispatch method "HAND" but no finalized date. does this mean we can collect?

26 minutes ago, KnoxFamily said:

My husbands one says dispatch method "HAND" but no finalized date. does this mean we can collect?

Hello

You will have to wait for it to be finalised before you go collect.

Alteast they have loaded it onto their systems :-)

2 hours ago, KnoxFamily said:

Mine has been like that for 3 weeks now, patiently waiting for it to be finalised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

For the PCC - would you guys recommend I go directly through the police service or to rather work through a document agency? 

Hi FingersCrossed,

Speak to Elle at http://www.passports4u.co.za/

She charges R1,500 but claims she can have your PCC within 5-7 days. You only pay for the PCC once she has it, so you don't risk anything. Info courtesy of Muzz.

Just for goodness sake don't use this person:  http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/

Edited by DavePE
Refered to the wrong person. Corrected.

I just phoned the CRC. Got through within 2 minutes and a very helpful Warrant Officer answered the phone. He explained that their mainframe had crashed and they would not be able to tell me how far along my PCC was. I asked if they had a big backlog and he said yes and that from the time you handed in your PCC over the counter it should take between 24-28 days.

The mainframe should be back up on Monday and mine's been in the system for over a month so hopefully some good news next week.