Checking Status Of Police Clearance

SANZOZ

• 2 weeks later...

PCC applications 'hand delivered' on 11 December 2013 ☞ ready for collection on 17 January 2014.

Yippee!!!

We also submitted on 11 Dec, but it was only lodged on their system on 7 Jan. What was your lodgement date on the system and how does it change when it is ready?

Our's just looks like this.... :cry:

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModules/internetSite/beh_cert_search.asp

PCC Enquiry nr SA Identity number Applicant's Surname Birth date Registration date Finalized date Dispatch method 201xxx xxxx LOUW 19xxx 2014-01-07 null POST

edit: the above was in nice blocks when I posted it....sorry

Edited by Renny

Lodgement date 18 December 2013 (SMS received)

Completion date 17 January 2014 (SMS received) ☞ Online system indicates Finalized date when ready with SMS sent at the same time.

• Like 1

Used BunnyHop to do ours, 4 weeks from when they had our application to when they had the cert to send back to us (19/11 to 18/12), pretty quick and painless

I mailed them on 17th and received this reply today.....

Good day

The process is approximately 14 working days from the day we have received the application and at the moment we have a backlog due to the holidays

Not sure how long the backlog is.....

Woop woop!

Submitted 06 Jan, done 21 Jan 2014. Now courier, fly baby fly!

yeeah for you but nooooo for us. Ours lodged a day after you. Please pray and hold thumbs that ours come through in the next week!

Another SA couple i know got their CO a week after us and did medicals a weeks later than us. They have been living in the UK for 10years so only had to submit pcc for uk. THEY GOT THEIR VISA YESTERDAY!

To think it could have been us. We have been patient for 5 years and 2 months. . . . am running out of patience now

pcc received today....but no maiden name on it.

11/12/13 Applied & sent by registered post

17/12/13 arrived in PTA

7/1/14 Lodged on system

23/1/14 Finalised

30/1/14 collect from post office

This is now after I wrote my maiden name in brackets everywhere where I needed to put my name on and I wrote a cover letter requesting them to please include my maiden name on the certificate

I have sent if off to the CO and hoping they do not request a new one.....lets hold thumbs :ilikeit:

• 2 months later...

We posted our fingerprints on the 17th of March with a tracking number. According to the tracking it was delivered to someone on the 24th. But when i go to the link i cannot find my partner or myself on their system! How long does it normal take before you can see this? Its been a week now since it was delivered.

We couriered ours to Pretoria from CT on the 19th March. Took about a week before we received a SMS that confirmed receipt of the docs and only then did it show up on the website. Now we wait.

• Like 1

Hi Gordon it took 2 weeks before ours was shown on the sysytem.

Has anyone recently had their PC finalised and had it sent by post? Ours was finalised over a week ago and we have still not received them. We live in PE.

Hi Ozpe

Monday will be our two weeks waiting to be on the system. its very frustrating. How do i know that my file hasn't fallen behind someones desk or something. O well, if you want the rainbow you must put up with the rain.

Give them a call on 012 393 3928 they seem very helpful. They will search by your ID no. and let you know if they have it or not.

Has anyone ever had their PCC lost in post? When we apllied for the PC beginning of Feb we sent the original letter by registared mail so it could be tracked. But only put in a self addressed envelope (not registared) for return postage looking back it wasn't the brightest idea I have ever had!

Anyway I called the office in Pretoria who said they MIGHT be able to print a replacement if I arrange for a couriour to collect.

What I want to know is if anyone has done this before?

This is the laast doc we need for our visa!

Hi

Would we have to get the PCC's delivered to our agent or do we just scan and send them through. We are not sure whether original need to be sent or if everything is just scanned and uploaded.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Folks,

I lodged our police clearance docs in person at the SAPS criminal record office today (22 Jan 2015) and thought I would give a quick update on the process.

Firstly, dependent on when you were last in Pretoria you will find that both the name of the building, plus the name of the street have changed. The correct address is:

The Head of the South African Criminal Record Centre
(For attention: Police Clearance Certificates)
Bothongo Plaza West
CRC Client Service Centre
1st Floor, Room 14
271 Frances Baard Street
PRETORIA

Where to park: street parking is probably not the best idea in the world. There is a parkade immediately opposite the entrance of Bothongo plaza - about R10/hour.

Things to bring with:

1. Copy of ID for each applicant.

2. Copy of receipt proving payment for your clearance.

3. A black pen.

4. Cash (I suggest R100 per applicant, just in case).

5. The fingerprint documents themselves ! :blush-anim-cl:

In my case, our receipts had expired (found out they are only valid for a year) so some time was wasted having to re-pay via another queue. The price is R96 per application.

If you have all of the above to hand, head straight to the queue marked "Channel 1" and they will accept your docs.

Timing: I arrived at 13.21 and left at 14:08, so not too bad. It would have been literally 5 min if I didn't need to re-pay.

Notifications: The lady that helped me said there would be two SMS's: one to acknowledge receipt and one to indicate you should collect.

Estimated wait time: According to them, four, perhaps five weeks. Holding thumbs it's sooner.

Here is the latest link where you can check status of your application: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php

That's it for now, hope some of this proves helpful!

Mark.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I lodged our police clearance docs in person at the SAPS criminal record office today (22 Jan 2015) and thought I would give a quick update on the process.

Firstly, dependent on when you were last in Pretoria you will find that both the name of the building, plus the name of the street have changed. The correct address is:

The Head of the South African Criminal Record Centre

(For attention: Police Clearance Certificates)

Bothongo Plaza West

1st Floor, Room 14

271 Frances Baard Street

PRETORIA

Where to park: street parking is probably not the best idea in the world. There is a parkade immediately opposite the entrance of Bothongo plaza - about R10/hour.

Things to bring with:

1. Copy of ID for each applicant.

2. Copy of receipt proving payment for your clearance.

3. A black pen.

4. Cash (I suggest R100 per applicant, just in case).

5. The fingerprint documents themselves ! :blush-anim-cl:

In my case, our receipts had expired (found out they are only valid for a year) so some time was wasted having to re-pay via another queue. The price is R96 per application.

If you have all of the above to hand, head straight to the queue marked "Channel 1" and they will accept your docs.

Timing: I arrived at 13.21 and left at 14:08, so not too bad. It would have been literally 5 min if I didn't need to re-pay.

Notifications: The lady that helped me said there would be two SMS's: one to acknowledge receipt and one to indicate you should collect.

Estimated wait time: According to them, four, perhaps five weeks. Holding thumbs it's sooner.

Here is the latest link where you can check status of your application: http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php

That's it for now, hope some of this proves helpful!

Mark.

Hi, just an update - the web site proved accurate but I never received any of the SMS's that were promised. The two certificates were ready on the 13th Feb, so it took from 22 Jan to 13 Feb.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi again folks - I am posting again because I think this is very valuable info to have. I went to collect my clearances today, but the queue was literally out the door. By coincidence, I also received a mail from the clearance team to say the certificates were ready. I asked them if there was any way to pick up the certificates in an easier manner than simply queuing for hours, and they came back with the following:

"From: CRC Name Clearance [mailto:crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za]
Sent: 19 February 2015 13:46
To: Strathmore, Mark (ZA - Johannesburg)
Subject: RE: Internet Enquiry: Police Clearance Certificate

Good day

Yes you are welcome to collect after five

We have people working 24 Hours / 7 Days a week"

This is excellent news!

Mark.

Hi again folks - I am posting again because I think this is very valuable info to have. I went to collect my clearances today, but the queue was literally out the door. By coincidence, I also received a mail from the clearance team to say the certificates were ready. I asked them if there was any way to pick up the certificates in an easier manner than simply queuing for hours, and they came back with the following:

"From: CRC Name Clearance [mailto:crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za]

Sent: 19 February 2015 13:46

To: Strathmore, Mark (ZA - Johannesburg)

Subject: RE: Internet Enquiry: Police Clearance Certificate

Good day

Yes you are welcome to collect after five

We have people working 24 Hours / 7 Days a week"

This is excellent news!

Mark.

Further update, folks:

I collected my clearances yesterday (yes, that would be Sunday the 22nd). What an absolute pleasure!

Pretoria is almost empty on a Sunday, so I parked in the parkade across from "Bothongo Plaza", walked straight up to the Police clearance office (doors closed on account of airconditioning, so don't think they are closed), and I was literally the only customer for the three SAP staff.

I think they were so bored they were pleased to see me :ilikeit: .

Anyhow, I arrived at 10am, I was out by 10:02 - you get the picture: don't queue in office hours if you don't have to!

Mark.

We collected ours last week, and...they spelt my wife's surname incorrectly! This, despite it being correct on the form. I emailed them and got a very quick and efficient response, and they have fixed the problem and apparently sent the corrected one back to the police station. Will go later this week to collect the corrected one.

Here is a very good contact to have from the site http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php :

Email: crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za

DALEEN VAN OOSTRUM

271 Francis Baard Street

Bothongo Plaza West Building

1st Floor, Room 14

Pretoria

Daleen is quick and efficient in her replies to emails.