Checking Status Of Police Clearance

SANZOZ

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModules/internetSite/beh_cert_search.asp

Upon spending about half an hour on hold and getting cut off I finally got hold of a person who had interpersonal and communication skills of a teaspoon BUT he gave me this link. Actually he just told me that "somewhere" on the SAPS website you can put your ID number in and find out what the status is.

At least now I can check this weekly until something happens!

• Like 5

Topic is pinned, as requested!

• Like 1

:ilikeit: Thanks Mara. I'm sure there will be plenty of people using this one. Will be the second most clicked on link after the visa status one. :D

This would be really useful - I never got much joy when phoning SAPS to find out the status of my police clearance. I did however get excellent responce from using the email service - usually had a reply the following day with good information. So if folks are having problems on the phone I also recommend that option.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, used the link and was most impressed. We had applied for our PCC's during January and were in doubt as to whether they were actually received by the relevant office, whether all was in order or whether we were just wasting our time. Had a look on the link that they had been posted to us - the next day they were here!!

I think that at the moment the most efficient state departments are those that issue passports and those that issue PCC's... Makes you think :huh:

Wow, used the link and was most impressed. We had applied for our PCC's during January and were in doubt as to whether they were actually received by the relevant office, whether all was in order or whether we were just wasting our time. Had a look on the link that they had been posted to us - the next day they were here!!

So how long would you say it took from when you posted them off Heine? Just trying to figure out how long we may have to wait.

It was exactly 2 weeks from when we posted them off to when they were posted back to us. We sent self-addressed speed post envelopes... then forgot to record their tracking numbers... We could have had the PCC's in our hands in two weeks and one day from when we sent them off! This is a darn sight better than the 6 to 8 weeks that they say that it should take.

It was exactly 2 weeks from when we posted them off to when they were posted back to us. We sent self-addressed speed post envelopes... then forgot to record their tracking numbers... We could have had the PCC's in our hands in two weeks and one day from when we sent them off! This is a darn sight better than the 6 to 8 weeks that they say that it should take.

Wow that is awesome! We sent ours via courier and I am checking the website every time they update it. But I think by tomorrow it will already be 2 weeks that they have had them. I think you were very lucky!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so ours took a little more than 2 weeks but still impressive! The only thing about that page is that it is only updated like once a week by the looks of things. But its still helpful. ;) Ours were finalized on the 13th and the page got updated on the 19th.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for interest sake we couriered our finger prints and receipt to Pretoria and our PCCs where done in 8 days. We collected them rather than having them couriered back to Johannesburg - courier very expensive. Seemed very fast to me. :ilikeit:

Edited by YellesB

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI,

Does anyone know if it is required to do the AUTHENTICATION ON POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

the second half of the FAQ pg on the website

thanks

Hi

Thanks for the thread and the info. I applied and received my PCC mid May. Have had lots of delays and am about to lodge my visa application now. Is the PCC valid for a year or is it only 6 months.

Stevenfrost i went to the Kabgea Police station and it took two weeks for me to receive my cert, via post as well! Was quite impressed. Drop me a line if you are still in PE and want to chat. I am hoping to leave PE the end of Jan 2013

All the best to everyone else and once again....thanks for all the helpful advice!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a very helpful thread!

We applied on the 9th October, 11th October it was loaded or maybe just acknowledged and received the PCC's today.

One step closer :D

I just checked and our pcc are ready and they where lodged on the 18th of October, I also phoned to mke sure my eyes are not deceiving me. Not sure if it was bacause we applied directly at the criminal records offices.

Must be :)

Just hope no mistakes :o

Edited by GideonVD

HI all

On the SAPS PCC website, they talk about some countries needing the PCC to be verified by the verification office. I dont know what this means but could anyone tell me if its really necessary.

Thanks

Tarryn

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this, it was the one thing we dreaded trying to get done.

If you are going through to PTA to drop off fingerprints, street names and building names have changed so just double check online! Also, please take photocopies of your id books and the receipts from your local police station as they will make you go and photocopy these and stand at the back of the queue again :closedeyes: Ensure that you keep copies of the actual receipts for the Case Officer.

Who knows how to interpret this report.

In my wifes instance :

Registration date : 2013-05-21

Finalisation date : Null

Dispatch method. : Post

Does this mean that they completed the application on 21/05 and have dispatched the report to us by post? Any idea what "finalisation date : Null" means?