Jnb Get Together

Annelie Siemens

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

Just a quick update, IN 10 weeks we are leaving for PErth :ilikeit:

ANy how - I will be phoning Papachinos this morning and booking our table......We so far have 22 adults 2 x teenagers and 17 kids!!!! That is one BIG table,

If anyone else wants to join just let us know

Have a Supper Weekend everyone

Annelie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Annelie Siemens

• Donovan83

• AAAZR

• EllenSchoeman

Hi Annelie,

They might require a deposit if its such a big booking...Did with previous one,maybe it was just the branch?

Please let us know what they said! :)

Thanks for all your trouble!

A

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

papachinos are fully booked for the 4th of FEB(Little Goldmine that is). They are able to help on the 5th(sunday), but then they also only do tables of 12pax max(but that is not a problem, will just book 2-3 tables, will try and get it close to each other).

so NOW - can you all please let me know asap if you want to meet on the 5th and then what time(I'm assuming most of us will go to church first, or we can skip it), OR Shall we try for the Midrand branch then still on the 4th????:unsure:

Thank you everyone

A

We're free either day & can do morning or lunch...

We also couldn't get a booking initially last month but they got us in a couple days before. But, with such a large group, not worth taking the risk.

Can you please include us. For now only 2 adults. Not sure what the kids are planning. If they come along we will be 4 adults. Ok, now I feel like the granny. Our "baby" is turning 21 in March! Anyway...Sunday morning would be fine. Our church is at 8.30

HiSunday is good by us, but I want to make a suggestion...Since we are such a large group, would it not make more sense to rather do a picnic at the botanical gardens, this way we do not have to worry about any bookings and we can just arrive. Also there are no tables so we can all sit together and mingle. And third, the organizer (Annelie) does not run the risk of the deposits. And fourthly if there are any late additions to the group we do not have to worry about changing bookings.

We can either do the Walter Sisulu gardens in Roodepoort or the Johannesburg Gardens in Emmerentia. The Roodepoort gardens are not that much further than Pappachinos's but has a small admission fee, the Jhb gardens are free.

I agree with Vannix that we should consider another venue. With previous meeting at Pappachinos I paid the deposit and everything worked out well but we were half the amount of people so if a deposit is necessary it would be quite a bit more! At the botanical gardens it will also be easier to mingle since you're not restricted to a table or a set menu. Is it still safe to go to the botanical gardens.. :huh:

Haven't been there for a long time...

Only downside is we'll have to run after children the whole time,no jungle-gyms or staff keeping an eye on them... :whome:

A

We go to the gardens regularly. I have never felt unsafe. I agree that the children will be running around, but keeping an eye on 17 kids will be an issue no matter where we are. We can take a ball or 2 to keep them entertained.

GUYS, that is an awesome IDEA! I thought of that too yesterday, cause we just love the botanical gardens, but didn't know if everyone would want to do that. SO if everyone is ok with the botanical gardens then great. Just on the ball thing, you are not allowed to kick balls in the gardens, but I'm sure if we each take some toys, the kids will entertain themselves.

We will just need to check if there is some function on at the gardens, as the entrance fees then double if they have a concert going on, but normally it is R25.00 each p/p. And then everyone can bring their own basket, and if you can bring a Gazebo that will be stunning, cause their isn't enough BIG trees there to give shade to such a large group.

I prefer the Walter Sisulu gardens.

Ok had a quick look, there is an event on the 5th FEb at the gardens, so let's stick with a picnic on the saturday, still at 10?;)

The Jhb gardens allows balls in most areas of the garden. I do not mind the WS gardens either. 10 on Saturday sounds good !

Sunday mornings work for me too :) Or lunch. Usually visit parents out in Roodepoort on a Sunday anyway

+1 for the picnic idea in the botanical gardens. They'll be beautiful at the moment and the kids can run and play no problem.

Edited by dono

Excuse me guys , where is Walter Sisulu Gardens? I left SA 12 years ago, so rather ignorant!!

Thanks

Enrica

it is the botanical gardens out in the west rand, just off hendrik potgieter and Doreen

Hi Annelie,

The 5th will be ok if it is early (we will then skip church), reason being, with us also leaving soon, we probably need to spend as much time as possible with the family on Sundays.

Can't we try MIdrand for the 4th.?

Somehow I did not read all the posts, sorry, botanical gardens sounds great for the 4th at 10.

See you guys there.

I also think the 4th at the gardens is better (the 5th there is an event on) ,as in the original plan. Most people will rather do family things or church on Sunday. However both days will suit us.

Either day will suit us.

At the Emmerentia dam/botanical gardens you don't pay entrance fee and you're allowed to bring balls, bats and anything you like. At Walter Sisulu you pay entry and you're not allowed balls, bikes or anything that the kids enjoy and that might upset the elderly :rolleyes:

We'll fall in with the majority though :ilikeit:

We're happy with the botanical gardens, haven't been to the walter sisulu ones but will make a plan to find it!

Hi Everyone,

Ok if we can all agree with the following it will be great:

Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens - I just feel safer there because you pay entrance fee, and not just any riff raff can enter the gardens

4th Feb at 10.00

Each family provides their own picnic basket and drinks

Plus If you have a gazebo, PLEASE BRING IT WITH

Plus we can take some toys for the kids that they can play with.

NOW I need to find an Ozzie Flag, so that we can a landmark to look for on arrival, won't be fun if you have to wander and not know where to go to

Annelie

Hi,

We will do the loooooooong drive from Centurion! :D

We enjoyed the last brekkie a lot, especially meeting everyone! :ilikeit:

Our numbers are as follows;

2 x Adults

2 x Teenagers

Enjoy your day!

So, I have been instructed to find out how old the teenagers are? Our children are 20 and 22 and still class 17/18 year olds as "teenagers"..

We will fall in regardless. So its the 4th, 10am at the Walter Sisulu botanical gardens?

HiSunday is good by us, but I want to make a suggestion...Since we are such a large group, would it not make more sense to rather do a picnic at the botanical gardens, this way we do not have to worry about any bookings and we can just arrive. Also there are no tables so we can all sit together and mingle. And third, the organizer (Annelie) does not run the risk of the deposits. And fourthly if there are any late additions to the group we do not have to worry about changing bookings.

We can either do the Walter Sisulu gardens in Roodepoort or the Johannesburg Gardens in Emmerentia. The Roodepoort gardens are not that much further than Pappachinos's but has a small admission fee, the Jhb gardens are free.

Great idea....I'm for it.

Hi Ellen,

Almost missed your post! Sorry they are 14 and 16. At this stage it seems best to leave them at home?

Regards

W

Edited by Whynot