Business Ideas

Guest May

Neighbourhood pub with kiddy facilities. Seriously, in Perth, there are very few child-friendly venues where you can enjoy a nice glass of wine/beer with kids in tow. So far, we have only found Yallingup pub, Yallingup (too far north), Little Creatures, Fremantle (too far south) and Leapfrogs, Joondalup.

Having owned a business here, I can only say: steer far away from a franchise,

I agree with Gizmo. Good hearty food (not only the same old schnitzel & chips), and somewhere for the kiddies to play, might have a shot.

It would help if someone in the family is a cook, as chefs cost $$$, and you'd need decent insurance while letting the kids play on your premises. Also if anyone on yr staff looks after the kids they will need paperwork allowing them to do so (blue card), proving they are above-board.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

I have a dream of opening a coffee shop. But not a normal one. Very different indeed.

How do you plan to make it different from the rest? keep a library maybe? But some people do use that option too

How do you plan to make it different from the rest? keep a library maybe? But some people do use that option too

That's my secret :whome:

• Like 1

Thought of this thread last night when I saw a Cupcake company looking for people to take on franchises.

• 3 months later...

Dunay I Agree with you, and my Aussie husband cries for the Wimpy too ! More specifically the cheesegriller breakfast. If ANYONE finds cheesegrillers in AUS, PLEASE LET ME KNW !

Emile, komaan, hoe kan jy nie die Spur in Mandurah ondersteun nie ! Dis wragtig naby genoeg, en jy kan selfs die trein vat !

Hi Cristel

cheesegrillers is the anglicized version of the German käsegrille or could be spelt kaesegreille without the umlaut (ä). Look around at a German delicatessen. I saw some here the other day in Brisbane at a German stand in the market.

...by the way, pronounced "care-ze grillers"...so they know what you are speaking of if they are German.

Edited by Darkwing

Edited by Darkwing