Processing Of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Rover

More good news!

Not only have DIAC finished with applications before 24 September 2007, they are already processing applications submitted on/before 7 December 2007!

Looks like they may be slowly catching up on us priority 5's! :ilikeit:

http://www.immi.gov....ation-times.htm

It says this is updated every 2 weeks, yet the last update is 21 September. Am I missing something here? has there been any progress with Prioriy 5 cases in the last month?

Hopefully they're processing so fast that they can't keep up with the updates, hahaha !!

I just checked --- it was updated today, they're in March 2008 !! I think I'm right, hehe. Can it be ?? Three months' applications in two weeks ??

Edited by Alida
  • Like 2

Okay, it has now been updated (on 12 October)

They now up to 8 March 2008 for Priority 5. So thats a 3 month jump in the last month. Good news for thos of you waiting.

• Like 2

Only three months' apps for them to go, qwerty, hold fast, your roller coaster is almost about to depart !! :whome:

At this rate they are doing a months applications in one week. If they keep it up they will be done with 2008 by end of this year!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit::magic:

we are Nov 2008 applicants...so hope for the best. We are in a great situation as my brother, he's wife and unborn child lives there as well as my uncle aunt and nephew..they all on the gold coats, Coollangatta and Robina. My parents are here in SA and can't wait that we get there so they can come on the parental visa. They have the money for the contributory one and want's to live in Aus with all the rest of the family! None of our friends know yet....that will be an interesting one :)

@Renny We are also wanting to go and join my sister over on the Gold Coast. I hope we get our visa next year, would be so wonderful after waiting so long. Stay in touch as it would be nice to have a drink together once we get there : )

@Qwerty...you are still waiting too! I remember you from back in 2007 when we lodged our first application. You have been waiting far too long just like us.

We are considering changing our current 175 visa to 176 State Sponsored for South Aus ~~~ decisions, decisions ! As hubby's job is currently in 'high demand' in Southern Oz, we might speed up our process in the sense of not having to wait another year ! We anyway wanted to go to Adelaide from the very beginning, so now where holding thumbs while changing .... we might just jump ship from the Cat 5 boat !!

Hi guys - I have just lodged my 189 visa (the old 175) and had my SS pending with WA...they contacted me today to say that they were withdrawing my application as I had received the invite for the 189 (goodbye $200!!)...Just checking, how do you change your visa to get priority processing?

Good luck you guys, limbo is just awful!

Hi OzzieWishes, we don't know exactly how yet, am still in the process of finding out - we contacted Stephen Dickson (SD_MOA) on the forum, awaiting reply. If we find out before you find out, I'll let you know ! :)

@ Celeste - Yes, almost 4 1/2 years! But figured if we don't hear anything from DIAC this year, then we'll go the NZ route. Just, waiting for my husband's honours degree to get finalised and awarded.

@ Alida - Good luck with that :) I'll hold thumbs that your SS application goes quickly and smoothly.

Thanks for the good wishes, qwerty !

This far, we at least learned that we can convert our old 175 to a 176 SS without costs, yippeeeee ! For SS, we supposedly have to deal with our state of preference ourselves, they will allegedly guide us through the process - I guess there might be enough paperwork to keep us busy, will see... So now we're on the hunt, trying to do as much as possible. Just having the option makes my head spin !! :whome:

I am SO relieved that we are not alone in the Cat 5 boat! Here I was thinking that we were the only application that seems to be packed on shelf 13 :-(

@Qwerty, we have been waiting for 4 years 3 months. Had lost given up hope of the application ever being processed before I joined this forum!! As for NZ, we looked at this route earlier this year and from the information we received unless you already have a job lined up or are prepared to risk going there to find a job it's just as difficult to get in.

All the best guys @ Alida, WA have recently opened up the doors for SS if you're interested. they had about 6 months with very few apps available but now open wide for those occupation on the sol and csol lists. Get in quickly with your state of choice though as they cap there applications so they generally don't last the whole "year"

Keep us posted

Thanks OzzieWhishes, Hubby has his heart and mind set on South Oz, AND his skill is currently in 'high demand' there. :ilikeit: So we've contacted them, have to wait out the weekend ... eeeek !

Urgh...so close, but yet so far. Trying not to get excited, in case they decide to stop processing cat 5's again. Best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Being from a HR country, we'll be seeing lots of LR cat 5 applicants getting CO's, while we wait for our turn...bleh!

Think I need more chocolate to lift my mood... :P

• Like 1

...THUD...thanks for bringing us all back to down to earth and to reality Qwerty. Not nice to be reminded about the HR LR country profiling. Past behaviour has been very unpredictable at best, and desperately unfair at worst. What was that about a "fair go" down under?

Sorry Celeste :whome:

I figure that if you don't get your hopes up, then you won't be dissapointed (again) when the minister does the "hahahaha...I'm moving the goalposts (again) dance". Cynical, I know :glare:

• Like 1

My husband agrees. As far as I'm concerned I think we are about 6 months - 9 months from our visa, but hubby says he does not even want to talk about it until its in his hand! The goal post could be removed even if your app is one day away from allocation! Scary thought. Imagine how the 2007 group felt way back then...

Well, I'm not going to complain for the 2007 group, after all it's an ill wind that blows NO-ONE any good.

Made our visa go through in 6 months ...... which was a relief, after 7 years of waiting and hoping.

Wow 7 years is a LONG time!

Well, I'm not going to complain for the 2007 group, after all it's an ill wind that blows NO-ONE any good.

Made our visa go through in 6 months ...... which was a relief, after 7 years of waiting and hoping.

Gees, 7 years? wow makes my wait seem so trivial. I applied July 2009 and still waiting. Hopefully soon there will be good news for all.