Accessing "my Conversations" Folder (messenger)

Eagle101

Question

Could someone please tell me where do I go on the Forum to view the folder containing "My Conversations"?

Thanks, B

6 answers to this question

Hi,

At the top right hand corner of this page (every page) you will see the block with your profile picture and name. There is a drop-down menu next to your name,the 4th option is Messenger. Click there and voila...My conversations. :ilikeit:

A

Oh and by the way, we're having a coffee-meeting 26/11 for all the Pta/Jhb forum members in Midrand.

Please feel free to join us!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

A

Hi AAAZR

Thanks for the info. I have tried your approach to access my "Conversations" folder, and it works some of the time. It seems that when I click on my user name in the top right corner, I only have about half a second or so to select the correct item from the drop down menu, and by the time I react, the PC has already automatically just moved on to "my profile". Any suggestions on how to "slow down" the time delay for which this drop down menu is displayed before it automatically takes me to "my profile" / other suggestions ?

Thanks for the invite to the Jhb / Pta Coffee meeting - unfortunately we have something on that day, but hopefully we can join in next time.

Regards, B

Hi AAAZR

Thanks for the info. I have tried your approach to access my "Conversations" folder, and it works some of the time. It seems that when I click on my user name in the top right corner, I only have about half a second or so to select the correct item from the drop down menu, and by the time I react, the PC has already automatically just moved on to "my profile". Any suggestions on how to "slow down" the time delay for which this drop down menu is displayed before it automatically takes me to "my profile" / other suggestions ?

Thanks for the invite to the Jhb / Pta Coffee meeting - unfortunately we have something on that day, but hopefully we can join in next time.

Regards, B

Hi B,

I can't begin to think what this might be...and I don't want to make suggestions that might sound as if I'm insulting your intelligence (which I'm not) :holy:

The only time that I don't have the option to choose the drop-down menu is when I double-click on my user name, is this perhaps what you are doing?

Try a single click on the arrow next to your username and see if that maybe works.

What browser are you using? Chrome,Internet Explorer, Firefox...? I use Chrome and it works fine.

Hope you come right! I'll send you a PM to test it as well. :ilikeit:

A

Hi AAAZR

Thanks for your comments, which got me thinking.... unsure.gif.

I am using Internet Explorer. I have just downloaded Mozilla FireFox, and that works perfectly, just the way you explained it!

The pull down menu by my user name now stays displayed and "available" until I select an option (it no longer just automatically goes to my profile), so it seems like the problem is with IE (which is strange - I also checked and see that Windows shows that no new updates are available, so I must be on the latest version, Version 9.0.8112.16421).

At least now I know how to get around the issue - thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Basil

At least now I know how to get around the issue - thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Basil

Glad to hear that!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Keep well,

A

Archived