Midrand Coffee Club

AAAZR

Hi guys,

Please feel free to add your names for the Pta/Jhb get-together. Meeting each other halfway in Midrand.

Date: Saturday 26/11/2011

Time: 10:00

Place: Papachinos

#40 Whisken Avenue

Crowthorne

Midrand

http://www.papachinos.co.za/

So far the people attending will be:

Whynot:2 adults,2 teenagers

Heidim : 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 toddlers

AAAZR : 2 adults, 2 toddlers

Blondiejhb : 2 adults, 1 child

Vannix : 2 adults, 2 toddlers

I want to make the booking next week as they are usually booked well in advance,so please post your details so I can include you in booking.

Thanks a lot!

Hope to see you all there, the more the merrier :ilikeit:

A

Dono, you can borrow mine if you want to :lol: Only joking.

I wish we could join you guys, but we won`t be able to make it, maybe next time. Thanks for the invitation.

Enjoy it.

Another member added to the list!! :ilikeit:

So far the people attending will be:

Dono : 1 adult and maybe Gertjie123's children :P

Look forward to meeting everyone!!!

A

Should we all carry a red rose to identify ourselfs on the day?;)

:lol: :lol: I was thinking more along the lines of eye patches or something :P

Closer to the time we can set up an email list with contact details for each other and for those of you that's as bad as my husband with remembering names, I'll take stickers with so that you can write your names on it..(not compulsory,just a suggestion). :ilikeit:

A

Will make booking tomorrow then for 11 adults, 10 children (of which 3 teenagers).

Any one that still wants to join us,you are more than welcome!! :ilikeit:

I will make the booking for more people than the ones that have already confirmed.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

A

I need input from you guys please. I made the booking but the manager told me that for a group booking they have set menus with price per person whether you eat something or not...I fully understand this because they can't book 20 places and then everyone just drinks something.

The menus start from R65 per person but there are different menus we can choose from. I don't mind paying this as I know the quality of their food but I'm not the only one attending

Please let me know how you feel about this. I wil post the menu options later.

Hope to hear from you soon!

A

We are fine R65 per person. I assume this does not apply to the toddlers??

Hi Vannix,

Yes you did :) :)

Sorry guys but I posted in both threads as I got the idea that some people only decided to join when I posted under Midrand coffee club as well.

Just to avoid confusion I will now only update the Midrand thread.

Thanks!!

A

Hi Vannix,

Yes you did :) :)

Sorry guys but I posted in both threads as I got the idea that some people only decided to join when I posted under Midrand coffee club as well.

Just to avoid confusion I will now only update the Midrand thread.

Thanks!!

A

Some people are still replying to the Centurion thread so I will duplicate the post here as well. Don't want to miss any body :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Kids eat from the normal kiddies menu which is usually in the region of about R30

We will be ordering off the Mezzo menu which is R70 per person and served between 10:00 and 12:00. Its a more flexible menu in the sense that its not just a breakfast menu.

Recently added to the list is Stephen Marais!! Brings our total party to:

Dono : 1 adult

Stephen: 2 adults, 2 teenagers

Adults: 13

Teenagers: 5

Children : 7

Please just remember that children must be under a certain age to qualify for the kids menu.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Any other questions?

A

SET MENUS 2011.pdf

Just checked the menu, and O MY Yum, I could go right now - but way too many choices, it all just sounds too delicious. Not that I had any doubts about coming but I am certainly not missing this. YAY, something to look forward to

It'll be cool! Looking forward to this :) I might be a little hungover though, my company's year end function is on Friday night! :D

Just spoke to manager again...

Because we added people they need a deposit for the function and we have to sign terms and conditions...

I am willing to do this BUT everyone must be aware of the fact that we pay for the number of people booked whether they pitch or not...But this also means that if anyone else decides to join us there won't be space for them....

A LOT of rules! Are all the restaurants so full of *$@# with bookings??

Alternative is to say chuck it and just go to Spur or something!!

Input please?

A

If a restaurant is going to make it difficult to be their customer, then I think we should go somewhere else. Why do we need to lick their ass to be a customer and pay them money?

Where else should we go? Aren't there maybe any forum members with a restaurant that we can support?

I think the problem with this venue is that they know how in demand their restaurant is,especially amongst people with children...

I'm open for suggestions! Time is running out...

A

I have to confirm and pay deposit tomorrow...so please guys I'd like some direction. I'm also going to post on Centurion thread to bump up both threads ;)

Booking done and deposit paid!

Blondiejhb also phoned and spoke to different manager,whole different story! Much more relaxed

So Papachinos it is then. Reservation name: Forum Meeting/Anneke

Look forward to meeting everyone.

A

Hi guys. I am so looking forward to meeting you all :ilikeit: AS you can see AAAZR has paid the deposit (this is a huge leap of faith), please can we all just help her and bring at least half of our cost in cash so that we can refund her when we get there, and not let her down by not showing up :whome: Thanks for everything you've done Anneke :hug:

See you all soon.....

Archived