Ute Hire In The Hills

SANZOZ

Hi there. Yes I am a chick and I know nothing about this stuff.... but I have to hire a ute to pick up a slide that we bought on ebay. Its only 10km away from us and we only paid $60 for the slide so I am not keen to spend a whole lot on the transport but if anyone could give me a recommendation of a place I can call, that would be great! I have tried a few now with no success (no answer on most of them and some are just too far away to be logical)

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi SANZOZ,

If you have a towbar on your car, you can hire a trailer at one of the petrol stations close to you. A trailer would be much cheaper than a ute. For a ute, you can try your closest Bunnings.

SAS

Unfortunately neither of our cars have a towbar :( I will try out Bunnings later today, thanks so much!

Go to the trade counter at Bunnings and, while there are other tradies around, ask the person at the counter if they know of anyone with a ute who'd be prepared to transport something in exchange for beer. Not sure what the preference is in Sydney, but here in Canberra, VB is widely accepted. There really is a beer economy in Australia! You'll be amazed at how much work on building sites gets exchanged between trades for beer. :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

If there are no bites at Bunnings, try just stopping at a construction site where you can see some utes parked outside.

Where do you live? Is there not maybe a fellow fourmite in your area with a UTE and an empty beer fridge?...

Ha ha.... Well let's find out!! We are in Castle Hill close to Baulkham Hills. The slide needs to be picked up in Kellyville Ridge. Anyone need to stock up on some beers for the final?

Perhaps have a tow bar fixed onto one of your cars and rent a trailer from Bunnings. I mean, wouldnt the tow bar be a sort of "investment" for the future? Thats if you dont get any responses. Our slide/climbing frame could dismantle into small pieces. We tranported it in a friends Pajero.

I noticed today the ute hire at Bunnings is $65 for 24 hours.

Archived