Centurion Coffee Club

Whynot

I have a Community Police Forum meeting from 9:00 until 10:00 or 11:00 depending on how many questions the community ask.

No need to change the time. We'll catch the next one.

Sorry to hear you can't join us :(

I need input from you guys please. I made the booking but the manager told me that for a group booking they have set menus with price per person whether you eat something or not...I fully understand this because they can't book 20 places and then everyone just drinks something.

The menus start from R65 per person but there are different menus we can choose between. I don't mind paying this as I know the quality of their food but I'm not the only one attending ;)

Please let me know asap how you feel about this. I wil post the menu options later.

Hope to hear from you soon!

A

Hi

My wife and I would like to attend. Mark us down for 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

Stephen

Its all good, do kids pay the same B)

Hi blondie,

Kids eat from the normal kiddies menu which is usually in the region of about R30 :ilikeit:

We will be ordering off the Mezzo menu which is R70 per person and served between 10:00 and 12:00. Its a more flexible menu in the sense that its not just a breakfast menu.

And I'm so glad you guys decided to join us Stephen!! Brings our total party to:

Whynot:2 adults,2 teenagers

Heidim : 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 toddlers

AAAZR : 2 adults, 2 toddlers

Blondiejhb : 2 adults, 1 child

Vannix : 2 adults, 2 toddlers

Dono : 1 adult

Stephen: 2 adults, 2 teenagers

Adults: 13

Teenagers: 5

Children : 7

Please just remember that children must be under a certain age to qualify for the kids menu.

A

Edited to add: I will duplicate this post in Midrand coffee club thread

SET MENUS 2011.pdf

Edited by AAAZR

Just spoke to manager again...

Because we added people they need a deposit for the function and we have to sign terms and conditions...

I am willing to do this BUT everyone must be aware of the fact that we pay for the number of people booked whether they pitch or not...But this also means that if anyone else decides to join us there won't be space for them....

A LOT of rules! Are all the restaurants so full of *$@# with bookings??

Alternative is to say chuck it and just go to Spur or something!!

Input please?

A

Terms and conditions to sign and deposits to pay sounds ridiculous to me! We're not booking out the entire restaurant are we? What do they want you to sign and how much deposit??

I support whatever you decide. Sorry, that may not be helpful... But we are really easy on venue as long as the kiddies can play! :D

Hi

I am with Heidim and don't really mind either way and will happily go with the majority.

But my 2 cents...

I do not like begging people to give them my business. I say lets go somewhere else.

Just 1 problem, I HATE THE SPUR, only go there if I have to. Pappichinos still sounds good

Edited because blondiejhb is also getting some info..

Will update soon.

A

Edited by AAAZR

Booking done and deposit paid! :ilikeit:

Blondiejhb also phoned and spoke to different manager,whole different story! Much more relaxed B)

So Papachinos it is then. Reservation name: Forum Meeting/Anneke

Look forward to meeting everyone. :ilikeit:

A

Edited by AAAZR

• 1 month later...

Hi Anle,

There's a get-together 04/02 10:00 at Walter Sisulu botanical gardens. Check under Jnb Get-together I think.

The more the merrier :)

A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I found a great place for kids in Centurion. It's called C'est la vie, you can view their website at: http://www.c-estlavi...za/wcontact.php

Anybody feel like meeting for coffee on 31 March?

Kind Regards,

Anle

Hi.

We would like to meet you if you still want to have the meeting. Please let me know what time. What are the entrance fees?

Regards

Lize

Dear Anle and Lize,

My family and I would also like to meet if the meeting is still happening. 2 Kids 5 & 7

All right. Let's make it official.

All interested members are hereby invited to a get-together in Centurion on 31 March at 10h00. There is a tea garden in Nellmapius Road at the Cornwall Hill Entrance called "The Cornish Kettle". They have a large sandpit and jungle gym for the kids (and most Saturdays there is a jumping castle too.) Use of the facilities is free. They have a very simple menu. RSVP by 24 March so we can see how many people to expect.

Hi

We are mega rookies here but we are keen to join in with this get together. I am not too sure how long these get togethers last, but we will only be able to be there for about 2/ 2.5 hours.

Hi Keith

We only made the decision to emigrate in February...(this year!!) so major rookies too!

I need to see like-minded people as my friends are not being very supportive and our families don't know yet.

I have no idea how long these last either, but to my knowledge they are informal gatherings where people spend as much time together as they want to.

Look forward to meeting you!

To all planning on going to the Centurion Coffee Club, please note:

The Irene Flea Market is on on the 31st and there is a major increase in traffic on that day. Please do not approach the Cornish Kettle (S25°52' 9" ; E28°14' 9" ; Corner of Cornwood Road - Cornwall Hill Estate and Nellmapius Road) from Botha Avenue. You will get stuck in a looooooong queue. Take the Nellmapius offramp on the R21 towards Irene, or drive through Pierre van Ryneveld (Hans Strijdom offramp).

So far confirmed:

OnYellowBrickRd (2 adults + 1 kid)

Hartell (2 adults + 2 kids)

KeithA (2 adults + ?kids)

There will not be a formal format to this get-together. We will get to know one another and share some joys and frustrations with like-minded people.

We will be there with 1 child. We going to have to take a long route around to get there ....