Uk Based Saffas Looking To Move To Oz In 2011/2012?

SaffaNZimbo

Are there any other UK-based Saffas/Zimbo's who are in the process of emigrating to Australia?? We have started the TRA process (again after initial submission rejected for lack of apprenticeship documentation) and are keen to hear from other UK based families. My husband has had approaches from 2 agents offering him jobs but we don't want to rush the process as would prefer to go state sponsored (WA or Queensland) rather than employer to give more freedom of job choice.

We would love to hear from any other families who are in the process of starting the paperwork and have ratings for agencies (we have approached Go Matilda who seem fantatistic and are reasonably priced).

There are quite a few members at different stages of the process. I know Sibella has secured their visa and is heading for Canberra. She might give you more names. The TRA must have gotten more fussy since I did mine, because I did not even have a apprenticeship contract and a lot of info missing. The company did not exist anymore etc. Did manage to track down a old manager and wrote a detailed document of my responsibilities and she just signed it for me (as if she wrote it herself). They were fine with that. We used a agent and I based this document on a template they gave me. But, it is safe to say, the whole process of immigration is getting more difficult. This was back in 2006. Good luck.

Thanks for the response. Yes the process appears to be getting more involved every year. We are hoping to get our application in before the system changes again on 1st July 2012!! This forum has really opened my eyes to the help available and I'm not feeling so overwhelmed anymore.

Thanks for the response. Yes the process appears to be getting more involved every year. We are hoping to get our application in before the system changes again on 1st July 2012!! This forum has really opened my eyes to the help available and I'm not feeling so overwhelmed anymore.

I see Stephen Dickson responded to your TRA question. He is a very reputable agent on this forum and can be trusted completely. You can even use him for some parts of the process only and do the rest yourself.

There are many of us over here in Aus who have done our time in the UK. I was in London for 11 years. I think it is much easier adapting in Aus if you have experience of living somewhere else abroad, besides RSA. But in the end, like everything, its what you make of it. We love it. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We are Zimbos via UK who have just moved in the last week to Canberra. It is quite an experience. I would also recommend that you chat with Stephen as he was very good in get our application through.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Cheers

Archived