Visa subclass 163

Caroline

Anybody out there ever done a visa subclass 163?

Just want to ask some questions.

Thanks

Caroline :)

Hi Caroline

I was looking at that option at one stage, but - mainly due to excon regulations - we chose to go on my skills, so I've loads of paperwork lying around. Also, for business assistance check out the the small bus dev corp, their website www.sbdc.com.au.

Cindylou

Thanks for the tip Cindylou.

Somebody recomended that Peter look into it and apply when we get to Oz. With the rate at which Oz changes their rules I'll probably end up having to finish a PhD before we can apply for PR :lol: .

Chat later :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caroline & Cindilou (& anyone else who can help)

I have just recently started the process(initial meeting with migration agent & LSD) and am no expert . I am looking at all the options incl. According to a migration agent I consulted with ...the new 160 or 163 is the better/right (& seems easier on the face of it) option, if you have your own co here in SA & the turnover & asset requirements for this class ...when it comes to getting in to australia on the basis of investment (am not sure how one applies for PR after getting a TR on the 457 either, assuming you eventually want PR & ultimately citizenship)

The requirements for the Business Skills 160 Business owner (where there is no state sponsorship or monitoring required) & the 163 which has less rigorous Age, financial turnover & asset requirements but does mean you will require state sponsorship which intern means monitoring (I am led to believe this can be quite stringent & onerous) as well as the Business Skills 890 Business owner which is the PR application following your 2-4yrs temp residence required are all available on the DIMEA website at Dept. of Immigration (DIMEA) though everything is not 100% clear & consise.

My problem is cost via Migration agents !

All the quotes I have had so far are in the region of AU$ 10 000.00 excl. DIMEA charges no guarantees & all they do is "compile" the application, I have to get all the documents etc etc

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has successfully applied or seriously looked at using the Business Skills 160 &/or 163 Business owner options for details regarding their application process ...the requirements & detail of the business plan in particular

Thanks & regards

Dave (soon to be "Barnone")

Hi Dave

Yip-know exactly what you mean-it does get so confusing with all the rules and sub classes. We are looking into the 163 very seriously as it looks like a better option for us. I will still study but at least hubby will be able to run his business without problems. We are also considering Canada, it does actually look like a better option for us considering hubby's age. But we will see.... time is going so fast, we have to make up our minds very soon. We are thinking of sending applications in both directions.

We are down to calculating the financial implications for us depending on which country will accept us. As I said-because of the age issue we are quite limited when it comes to Oz.

Sure will post any information that I find out.

Caroline :hug: