'no Further Stay Clause'

It is to prevent ppl from abusing tourist visas to get a foot into the country and then apply for another visa for which you have to be onshore. Also to prevent ppl from coming to Aus as a "tourist" but practically "live" here on repeat tourist visas. Basically, it takes out the loophole to come here under false pretences.

I guess its just a wake up call... if you are thinking about migrating, then things like this mean its better to talk to a migration agent before you even get your first tourist visa.

So if you have this clause on your tourist visa, and you want to apply for an onshore visa to get a bridging visa to stay in Aus until visa is granted, how would one get this removed from your tourist visa? For example, a parental visa.

As far as I understand it, if your parents visa is endorse no further stay, you cannot apply for a bridging visa or any other visa whilst in Australia. You are forced to apply off shore.

You cannot get that clause removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Condition 8503 - "no further stay" is exactly that if you are in Australia and want to apply for any visa whether it is parent visa, 457 or whatever you can't you need to depart and lodge your application whilst outside Australia. If you don't have the condition and apply for a visa you also in effect also apply for a bridging visa which will keep you legal in australia whilst visa is getting processed. bridging visas can create many complications or issues so I suggest you get help in this regard. Regards Andy Heathcote MARN 0850840 andy@migrate2oz.com.au

Archived