Reputation Grading

Orion25

Question

Hi There,

I was looking through the top poster of topics and saw some people have a rating of 1 or 6 most zero, some even have a -1 in red which I presume is not good, and I was wondering how this is determined, and is it good or bad? :unsure:

Good I hope :whome:

As usual I'm just way too curious for my own good. :ph34r:

Thanks

T

8 answers to this question

I don't know if this helps but...I give you a reputation rating of 10 :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: (with 10 being the highest possible rating ofcourse :rolleyes:

One of the features of the new forum upgrade is that you can either "Like" or "Dislike" a post that someone makes. Similar to the LIKE button of Facebook. You will notice a green plus and a red minus sign just above the "Multiquote" button that appears in every post. So if someone gives a helpful answer to a question you or someone else has asked, then give them the thumbs up :ilikeit: by clicking the green plus. If they give an easy answer like "Try Google" then give them the thumbs down :thumbdown:. The accumulative total of other members' votes is your reputation grading. People with lots of plus votes will be people who are known for quality posts.

Why not try it by clicking my green plus sign B)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|

|

|

|

|

\/

Ahhhh.... so that is what they are for!

Thanks for the post Orion - I like to be able to say thanks to people for info and will be doing so more in future.

Jordy, I pressed the red thumbs down on your post, no offence intended, lol! Thanks for a gr8 forum!

Hey I thought my answer deserved a green thumbs up. :whome: But that okay I returned the favour.;)

edit: oops I cant undo it..sorry :blush:

@ Jordy, thanks hope you having a good thimbs up day :ilikeit:

@PKN, sorry I couldn't resist. :blush:

Did you know that you can actually vote for your own post? :whome:

I just tried it and from now on once I've pressed the "post" button I'm going to give myself a nice green positive for the effort :holy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch the 1 magically appear on the bottom right of my post.. :ph34r:

Hehe, and I just gave you another one, so now you have 2!

Archived