Visiting Adelaide

Mara

Hi all of you lovely folks in Adelaide...

I am coming to visit, only for a week, in May 2011. I hope that I have an opportunity to meet some of you, that would be great!

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Mara, for you, I will organise a SANER get together in that time. Everyone, pencil in Sat 14 or Sun 15 May, we will have a get together... watch this space for more info ! Bob, that means you and Ginnie too !

Luvies

Cristel

That sounds great, thanks Cristel, I will have my sister from RSA and my USA friend from Las Vegas, with me.

I look forward to meeting all the Adelaide folks!

• 3 weeks later...
Mara, for you, I will organise a SANER get together in that time. Everyone, pencil in Sat 14 or Sun 15 May, we will have a get together... watch this space for more info ! Bob, that means you and Ginnie too !

Luvies

Cristel

Please do so Christel.

Thank you all, I am really looking forward to meeting you all. We will be there from the 13th, not sure yet when we leave, but probably around the 18th, for a few days visit to Kangaroo island.

• 2 weeks later...

Well!

I think we'd all better start planning on a braai at my place, up in the Adelaide Hills.

Mara has allowed me and my wife, Ginnie, to host her for the few days she's in Adelaide with her sister from South Africa and old mate from Nevada, America.

We've got plenty of room for kids or any number of South Africans to rock up to enjoy themselves in easy company for the afternoon / evening, so pencil in a date in mid May for a braai up in the Hills.

More news later.

Huge thanks go to Bob and Ginnie for offering to put up with us...methinks they know not what they are letting themselves in for. :whome:

I look forward to meeting those of you who can make it to Bob's kind invitation for a get together. :ilikeit:

Well!

I think we'd all better start planning on a braai at my place, up in the Adelaide Hills.

We've got plenty of room for kids or any number of South Africans to rock up to enjoy themselves in easy company for the afternoon / evening, so pencil in a date in mid May for a braai up in the Hills.

More news later.

Hi Bob

Which area in the Hills?

Hi Bob

we would love to join you !

Regards

Cristel

I love it when a plan comes together...party time! :magic::magic::magic:

Hi Bob, Mara.

My wife will be back from America by then. I will be a busy man, but I might fit you in if I can make it.

Jan.

Jan, that would be wonderful.

Folks, you have no idea how I am looking forward to meeting you all. After all this time it is going to be great to put a face to the name, after all, many of you feel like old friends, already!

• 1 month later...

Gosh how I wish we were there yet!

Enjoy it guys, sounds like you will have a great time!

Thank you, we are looking forward to it!

O Jan, ek hoop rerig ook om jou te ontmoet, jou stories het my sooo laat lag !

This is just bumping the post once more to let any folk from South Africa know that they're welcome to rock up at my place in the Adelaide Hills on Saturday, 14th May.

Personally, I don't care when you want to come up, be it early afternoon or later on, closer to tea-time.

Mara and myself will be on hand to say "hi" and I'll send invitations to a couple of South Africans that I know in my home town of Mount Barker to enjoy themselves for the afternoon / evening.

I have acres of land, so can accomodate heaps of people.

Just bring your own meat and drinks along, and I'll put a few beers in the wash trough with ice to cater for any thirsty travellers.

I live 8 kms east of Mount Barker, so am only 25 mins away once you get on the South Eastern Freeway at the Tollgate.

Anyone that knows me, realises that my joint is a "South African" friendly place. We look forward to seeing you for the day, to just veg out, relax and feel free to be yourselves and have some fun.

Once it gets dark, I'll get a big fire going for kids . . . . and BIG kids, like myself . . . . to roast marshmallows on and do other Aussie stuff with campfires.

We can all grab a seat, sit around a campfire and praat die taal, with cold beers and hot koffie served regularly.

Sheesh, am I looking forward to that! :ilikeit:

I am also excited about the prospect of meeting some of the lovely folks in Adelaide! :ilikeit:

We will see you there !

• 2 weeks later...

Pity we are only coming over in June to activate our visa....Have fun people

Thanks Ellen, we are definitely looking forward to it!

Hi Bob,

Alistair and I are keen to come too :) Sounds great!

Take care

Dalene & Alistair

Archived