Posting pictures

Mikej

Question

Is it safe to post a picture directly from my computer? Someone told me it is possible to trace the picture to your computer and then hack into it. I was told to get a remote album, Picasso or similar and then post from there.

Any advice will be appreaciated.

Michael

3 answers to this question

Not aware of posting picture problems like this - we had one case where someone posted a link to their FaceBook photo album - thus giving access to everyone to view their profile other than that i have NEVER heard of

anyone been able to hack into your PC from a posted picture :)

I do a normal process uploads from my PC all the time, here and on FB etc and never experienced any issues

If you upload from your PC, a copy of the photo is uploaded on to the webserver, and it links to the website from there. So in other words the photo image file will physically 'live' on the server used by saaustralia. No way someone can trace it back to your computer.

If you use something like photobucket or something similar, you will be able to include just a link to the photo on that external server, so the photo will not 'live' on the saaustralia server as such. You would use the IMG tag if you knew how to use it.

Archived